UncleNeyland's Upsets Blog Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Sports' started by UncleNeyland, Aug 28, 2011.

1. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

Starting Wednesday evening around 9 p.m. Eastern, I will post the first blog for Uncle Neyland’s Upsets. My goal is to borrow from the old radio segment Leonard’s Losers unique down-home prognostication style to predict five upsets in major college football for the upcoming weekend. I will rank the five upsets from 5 = least likely to 1 = most likely. Here is an example, [ddiapos] and his coonskin clad volunteers head to Tuscaloosa with their rifles loaded, but a pack of crimson wearing pachyderms won’t take kindly to the visit. The volunteers haven’t got over the stampede last year in Knoxville and their bluetick hound has spent the year sharpening his canines and is hungry for elephant steak. Uncle Neyland’s Upset: Tennessee over Alabama

With this effort I hope NOT to achieve:
    Getting through two weeks and having to abandon because of the smell of rotten tomatoes coming through my computer screen

What I hope TO achieve:
    Provide a little light-hearted folksy slant while aiming at some upsets in college football… and maybe hitting a few.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking forward to this.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So, will least likely upset be the least likely of your upset picks...or the least likely upset of the week? Should be fun.

4. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

#5 will be a game I'm least confident an upset will occur in, but still have that twinge that it could happen
    #1 will be that bad feeling in my belly like after a Bruce Pearl Bar B Q and I just know the big dog is going down

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've heard you can take a big dog or two.

6. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

Oh, you're thinking of Carl.... he likes his with mustard and them french fried taters

7. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

What is everyone's opinion of what 'is' an upset... a 1 pt dog, 3 pt, or 7 pt, for pickin' purposes?

I'm of a mindset of 1 pt makes an underdog.... plus if I can't use one that close I can't make fun of Les Miles this week.

Please share....