Unless Gov Haslem cleans house....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Oct 3, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Gruden thinks too highly of Phil. It would take Johnny's blessings

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nope. Don't give a shit. At all. He's taken that away two years running for me. He can go **** himself.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

At this point, he may well get. I can't imagine Majors is impressed with Hart.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Anybody think Fulmer would hire anyone who might be able to surpass what he accomplished? No way.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he would if it was someone with a Tennessee pedigree that he can assume the credit for bringing. His legend would only grow.

The man who brings us a Gruden-level coach will be given the keys to the state.

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

That's realistic. But... by now, I think he won't name himself as coach unless necessary.. which is exactly what Alvarez has done... I think?

7. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

+1

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Cheek, Hart and Jones gets canned.

IP quits being angry at God, and finds religion.

Prayer works, after all.

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

10. WM

WM Active Member

He should have "browsed" his coaching list a little closer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

With this team, in year three, 7 wins or less should get him fired. It won't. It'll take at least missing a bowl game. So I'm not rooting for another win.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't have to be like that. Your rooting will make no difference. This train is off the rails, and no hoping or wishing will change it. I hope they shock us and run the table. Doesn't matter, it won't happen. We know how this goes because we've seen it 2 other times in the last 8 years or whatever.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of worried about this.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I do think Fulmer would go all out to make football good again. Not sure I want him not caring about anything else though. It would be like ****ey. Basketball would tank.

15. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Keep fulmer far away from the AD.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fulmer's most important hire of his career was his last offensive coordinator. These were the top three candidates.

Rob Spence
    Mike DeBord
    Dave Clawson.

17. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

....we are ****ed.

Just as well though; on our last play... I didn't feel anything. I just switched to boxing.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, Fulmer's two most successful assistants, Cutcliffe and Chavis, were brought on board by Majors. Now Majors, that's a guy that identifies a lot of coaching talent. Let's make him AD. That would be fun.

19. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

According to UT:

Season ticket demand this year was its highest in "a long time."

Luxury seating (Terrace, Club seats) now all sold out (was about 75% full in 2012)

Campus parking passes are all taken, with over 400 waiting for one to open up

After a couple of fluff wins at the end of this season, and a few months to forget and focus on recruiting, I seriously doubt that 20,000 or so will bail on their 2016 tickets. And IMO it will take that kind of revenue loss to effect change.

If you see a mirage in this desert, point it out to me.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If our decision making for the future is about the optimism that drove these stats, we're just as dumb as ever at the top.