Urban Meyer is human trash

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Brett McMurphy, where are you? We need a hero...

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The investigation mentioned a "false" media report that Zach Smith had been arrested in 2015.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

IP likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This whole thing is disgusting. I don't know how Ohio State is getting out of it. I don't know how OSU's legal counsel can sleep at night.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

lol, jay mariotti just murdered our old buddy wolken

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

both of them are full of shit. but wolken got murdered!

IP, RockyHill, justingroves and 2 others like this.
  7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Urban has selective dementia.

Beechervol likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

3 Questions:

1. What is the official reason Ohio State gave for this suspension. In other words: what and when, specifically, did they say he did wrong?

2. Where did things end up, officially, as to whether or not Urban reported this alleged abuse? At one point he said he did not. Later, he said he did. Surely there would be some record of this. Is Ohio State making that known, or just glossing over it?

3. It seems Urban’s wife should also be under investigation for failure to report abuse, as Ohio State employees are mandated to do. Is there any indication that she is or will be investigated?

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It feels like he may end up getting fired because of yesterday’s stupidity. He can’t remember things? FFS.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

1. He did a poor job of letting this get out to the public.

2. As high as it needed to, to portray Urban as just the employee
    It's ironic how the Q and A hot shutdown when he started stumbling over the txt message and Courtney Smith question.

There's a lot more questions than answers.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

His face should be our new Twitter logo.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

OSU showing true colors. Keep the "legendary" coach and hope to weather the storm.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

One thing is for certain, and the greatest solace in this to me, is that Urban will never be the same again.

And as long as tOSU employs him, they will never matter again.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want to be a fly on the wall when Urban goes in home to a kid outside the state of Ohio

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

To a single mom who has been beaten before.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is what JG said a week ago, and which I still fully believe and agree with.

A helluva lot of other coaches have done a helluva lot less and have been killed - killed - on the recruiting trail, as a result.

OSU might be ok and hope that everyone forgets, but they won’t, because he’s now permanently and irrevocably stained (as OSU will also be, for a long time)...and which is exactly why he tried so hard to prevent any suspension, IMO.

“If you did nothing wrong, why’d they suspend you, Coach?” - Every Recruit, Ever

It won’t happen overnight, but slowly over time - as soon as he has less than elite talent, it’ll be a slow spiraling death - and that makes it somewhat better, tbh.

I’ll put the over/under of on-air mentions of this scandal at 3.5 per Buckeye game.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is definitely the beginning of the end for him. And old habits die hard. He can’t clean up his culture overnight. There is more dirt out there, no doubt, and there will be more. All just a matter of time.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I hope I am wrong, but this too shall pass.

It'll hurt them in 18, but it's past obvious this guy will do whatever it takes. Short of another heart episode, I suspect the train to keep rolling.

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Don’t forget that we would be so afraid of getting sued again, we overlook our far less competent coach’s inevitable moral failings in the future.