Urban Meyer is human trash

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2018.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If this doesn’t blow over quickly, I’m not sure Ohio State can afford not to fire him.

If this continues gaining steam and mainstream coverage, it may be more important to prove he didn’t know, than that he did.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I still think he fails again at a major program. He is just not built to handle it all. imo

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

It’s BS that the media can basically dictate someone’s job like that. Based on unproven claims (that might be true).

I might be wrong about the whole thing. Meyer might have known domestic violence was happening and helped cover it up. But until that’s proven, I think he should keep his job.

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

On the flip side, from a Tennessee fan’s perspective, this is pure gold.

Tennessee fans were shamed for vetoing the Schiano hire and the national media vouched for Urban Meyer’s integrity in screening Schiano on the Sandusky stuff.

Now according to the national media, Meyer is an immoral crime-lord and should be fired.

Now Schiano is the head coach of Ohio State. There’s so much irony in all of this that I start burping farts trying to wrap my mind around it all.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Had he reached out to the wife to get her perspective I’m sure she could have convinced him. He did not, because he didn’t care. Preferred to have some level of deniability and to continue employing the man.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I’d say you’re right.

Not sure that is in the job description or you can fire him over it though.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He should know if one of his assistants is a woman beater. There's no excuse, especially after 2009. He's not getting fired because of the "media", he's getting fired because he's a lying piece of shit

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wife for sure knew and Urban’s life coach buddy specifically met with her to get her to not press charges. Urban definitely knew. Also, there is evidently some OSU employee rule requiring them to report knowledge of domestic abuse involving OSU employees. Both Urbs and Shelley Meyer seem to have broken that one.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At this point, with getting caught lying, I think he has to be fired. Why did he lie? Because he knew he did the wrong thing. He identified the right thing to do and avoided it to help him win. Then he lied about it so no one would know. Can’t have that guy as the most public face of your supposedly upstanding university.

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish you were in congress

RockyHill, Poppa T and justingroves like this.
  12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

And if that’s the case, I’m good with it.

I don’t like the popular mob mentality that you are guilty until proven innocent.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't either, but he knew. There's no way he didn't.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Harbaugh's biggest win in 2018 comes in August

tvolsfan and hohenfelsvol like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is a matter of showing due diligence, new coach. He doesn't need to solve a mystery, only report it to the AD that there is a potential issue that bears some looking and asking of questions.

He didn't need to know to be negligent by not not taking any action. Or his wife can fall on the sword for it.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The police had more information than Meyer and did nothing.

I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but in general I hate some of the precedents that are being set in our culture.

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

There’s no doubt he knew of allegations.

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

He should be canned, but I highly doubt he will be.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He's a slithery bastard. He's found a way to get out of most things but there seems to be a lot of evidence in this one.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The university policy has nothing to do with the law. Really, the law doesn't always coincide with ethics or morality. The police didn't do shit about Sandusky for a long time, that has nothing to do with him being innocent or not doing anything wrong-- it has to do with burden of evidence. Employers can take actions on their own and have cause that doesn't meet the threshold of LE action

NEW COACH likes this.