POLITICS US vs Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Feb 2, 2024.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This appears to be headed to a boiling point, regardless of what either side says, especially with today's retaliation against the Iran-backed groups. And we may be looking at a group in Iraq.

I don't see how this doesn't end up with us sending a few bombers and missiles into Iran itself if they don't tell their surrogates to calm down.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

US by 28.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

... My dude, many leftists have been apoplectic since Oct 8 about civilian deaths and call Biden "Genocide Joe."

So, yes. Maybe this is a media bubble thing, where you all don't see the same stuff I do but.. yes. Oh yes. There will be and has been outrage. Many leftists perceive Hamas and Houthis as "freedom fighters" standing up to "imperialists" from Europe (how they perceive Israel).

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There were dipshit tankies falling all over themselves about that video of the Yemeni people getting out and protesting after we (rightfully) bombed the Houthis that had been attacking civilian ships.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just so I am clear, I do really feel for the Yemeni people. They kinda always get the shit end of the stick no matter what is happening and who is in charge

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same. I feel bad for the Yemeni, Palestinians, and Iranians. But I also feel bad for the Israelis, random merchant vessels, and the US military members who were killed. I don't want war and air strikes, but we can't be bullied.

SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So are you outraged?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think I'm a leftist?

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If you are, then they shot me off the compass.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This has to be a trick question

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wonder how many Americans out there actually knew what ‘The Houthis’ even were 12 months ago.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most people navigate politics relative to themselves, and thus are their own "centers." So if you see me as left of you, you think I am a leftist. Buddy, I am not. I am as disliked by leftists almost more than a conservative because they think people like me hold back conservatives from pushing society to a tipping point against right wing policies. I do not oppose capitalism. I like a representative democracy. These are not leftist things. Biden is center-left. He's actually a little right of me. Much of the democratic party is. The Squad is a little left of me. Beyond them, or maybe bordering some of them, are "leftists."

SetVol13 likes this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Most Americans only remember that Yemen exists about once a decade.

But then again, most Americans are stupid.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were in the deep dive news in 2015 and early Trump years as they were half of the Yemen civil war which many US allies were involved in and Trump supported the Arab intervention against them.

Example: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/houthi-rebels-fired-missile-riyadh-hours-trump-arrived-n763156

Now of course, because Biden is the POTUS, he opposes striking the Houthis as he has no actual positions other than his own power and prestige.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would people consider Bernie Sanders a leftist?

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He's closer to it than most of the people that get called leftists

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So leftist would probably support him?