USDA Suggests Food Stamp Parties, Games to Increase Participation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Jun 28, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

While spending on the food stamp program has increased 100 percent under President Barack Obama, the government continues to push more Americans to enroll in the welfare program.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has embraced entire promotional campaigns designed to encourage eligible Americans to participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamps.

A pamphlet currently posted at the USDA website encourages local SNAP offices to throw parties as one way to get potentially eligible seniors to enroll in the program.

[​IMG]

Read more: USDA suggests food stamp parties to increase participation | The Daily Caller

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's fun to be a parasite.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was only a BBQ

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm all for reducing welfare, but playing devil's advocate, don't you think that the statement about the number of folks on food stamps under Obama is a bit misleading? While it may be technically true (not sure if it is or isn't) the economy has never been this bad while the food stamp program has been in place. But, we all (myself included) never let details ruin a good rant about a despised politician.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Raising awareness of what's available to you is one thing but I think this is a lame idea considering the target audience (Baby Boomers).