Use MultiMeda As a Recruiting Tool?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by KenTenn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

A wild and crazy recruiting idea.

Design some DVD content with a built in feature that deletes or disables access after 1-2 days once accessed. Today’s technology allows you to do things we never could before or only with tenacious stop action work that took ages to complete.

Content:

1. The recruit it’s sent to, have his face digitally attached to a UT player who plays his position in action during game clips. Perhaps alter the jersey number and digitally replaced with the recruit’s high school jersey number. Give the content a name like maybe, How coach (?) sees (name of recruit) playing for the Vols. Or donning helmet. Or with helmet in hand running the “T.”

2. Include a super short movie, say based on an old TV or movie detective series looking for and finding “the perfect Vols (position of recruit) after some smart but funny detective work. One example is the old “Thin Man” movies without the constant scotch drinking done by the Nick Charles character. Or maybe Peter Gunn or Dragnet’s Joe Friday or even the Our Man Flint, I Spy series. Keep the mini movie no longer than 8 minutes tops.

3. Insert the recruit with cartoon versions of our rivals playing against the recruit and doing poorly. Or even make a cartoon version of the recruit toon shorts not unlike the old Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse e5tc. Style with a Vols football theme story. Perhaps even based on plays from an made up or outdated playbook the character employs for games in the cartoon.

Rationale:

The approach is very offbeat and if done right, will likely be a piece of the tactics for getting the commit. Shoot, Butch once used a police convoy, sirens blaring to a players home as a recruiting ploy. So I’m not the only wild and crazy guy. No one I know is doing anything this outrageous way of getting a recruit’s attention.

Why self-destruct in 1-2 days? To force full length viewing and to be sure rivals don’t get their hands on it to copy what we did. I’m probably just being paranoid.

Disclaimer: I did say these were wild and crazy ideas. With chroma keying and other digital tricks, you can do so much great stuff these days. I mean you can do anything. For example: http

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oh sab

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

[video=youtube;WlWmCXihec4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlWmCXihec4[/video]

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is starting to get scary weird.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

For real?

6. KenTenn

Herein lies a truth, progress isn't made by those who refuse or simply cannot think outside the realms of tradition, habit, or timidity. Being stuck in the mud so to speak. It's made by those who refuse to recognize a box as an impenetrable barrier, climb over it and explore the strange new world beyond its borders.

When Columbus at dinner was told that anyone could have made the discovery he did. He reminded them the belief at the time was that the world was flat. That if you sailed too far, your ship would fall off the Earth altogether. They still insisted anyone could have done what he did. He took a hardboiled egg and challenged them to make it stand on its end. One by one they failed and collectively agreed it was impossible. Columbus took the egg. Smashed one end on the table, thus broadening the base of the egg and promptly stood it on its end. He then declared anything is easy once someone has already done it.

Boxes don't mean much to those brave enough to exit them.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Such a brave pioneer.

For the record, every educated person knew the world was round then, that was a myth that came about in the mid 1800's that they didn't. Columbus miscalculated the size of the spheroid of the Earth in thinking he could reach the East Indies in a matter of a couple of months.

Columbus was wrong. The Earth was far larger than he thought. His discovery brought about the death of tens of millions to disease and slavery to Western civilization for the first time in 1000 years. Just FYI. **** Columbus.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Such wisdom. Such insight. An Adonis of a man.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Idk I can see this working.

10. KenTenn

That's all well and good. But the Catholic theologians seated around the table educated or not, viewed the Earth as flat. And we know the power of the church in that era. It's a wonder ole Chris wasn't inquisition purified for his views and daring to upstage his naysayers.

I don't contest the rest of your post. I also have no intentions to dredge up bio-terrorism, racism and such into something unrelated to those topics. This is about innovative or just wildly crazy ideas of using multimedia as a recruiting tool. Many of you will reject the ideas I've provided. Fine. I'd just like to see the UT it given the media mad generation of players we recruit these days.

11. fl0at_

I can't remember if you can directly recruit to a player, based on NCAA regulations, but I thought that you could not.

Also, a DVD cannot simply be "wiped," as the data is optically written. The content can be blocked, or DRM'd or what have you, but the data remains, and as such, is subject to being retrieved and the DRM broken. So if the above is true, that puts the group in double trouble for purposely attempting to conceal their transgression.

Now, we can get us one of those Mission Impossible optical drives that self destructs in 2-3 days, and then maybe we have something.

I mean, let's not confine ourselves to a box, here.

12. KenTenn

Well, wild and crazy ideas are what they are, you know.

13. fl0at_

Yea, let's play on the moon!

Just a wild and crazy idea.

14. KenTenn

AW shucks. Poor guy, you have no sense of human. Sorry 'bout that. :D
    No it's not a typo.

15. fl0at_

Yea, well, herein lies a truth, progress isn't made by those who refuse or simply cannot think outside the realms of tradition, habit, or timidity. Being stuck in the mud so to speak. It's made by those who refuse to recognize a box as an impenetrable barrier, climb over it and explore the strange new world beyond its borders.

When Columbus at dinner was told that anyone could have made the discovery he did. He reminded them the belief at the time was that the world was flat. That if you sailed too far, your ship would fall off the Earth altogether. They still insisted anyone could have done what he did. He took a hardboiled egg and challenged them to make it stand on its end. One by one they failed and collectively agreed it was impossible. Columbus took the egg. Smashed one end on the table, thus broadening the base of the egg and promptly stood it on its end. He then declared anything is easy once someone has already done it.

Boxes don't mean much to those brave enough to exit them.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. The educated people were educated by Church-run colleges. There were no secular colleges. He wasn't brought before the Inquisition in Spain, he was funded by Spain. Because the ****ing Inquisition even knew the Earth was round. It was something calcuable based on the change in sun angles through the course of a year, and born out by the movement of the stars. Now, they thought the Earth was at the center of the solar system, but they knew full well that celestial bodies, Earth included, were round. Artwork from the Middle Ages shows a round Earth more often than not. It isn't a "wonder" ole Chris wasn't subjected to the inquisition, it is an obvious flaw in your account.

Dredging up something else is the only hope we have of salvaging this thread.

17. KenTenn

Why salvage it? No one is contributing any meaningful discussion to it. I'm beginning to see why.

18. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I think this thread should self destruct or Nick Saban is going to steal KenTenn's golden idea.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What if we built a series of sheds with big screen TVs and multiple remote controls so that recruits could watch the SEC network together?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if the recruiter of each prospective athlete had that athlete's name tattooed on him? Who could say no to that?!