UT camp

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, Jun 11, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I saw that.

He's been talked up for a while now, but has been given the dreaded "3 stars" by Rivals. He plays in a good football region, the same that gave the world Chris Leak, Hakeem Nicks, Omar Gaither and DJ Humphries.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I will post bail if you drop the Stone Cold Stunner on him.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

How many local white kids has he offered?

4. tripper

tripper Member

This Ritchie kid from SC got a lot of individual work between sessions today. Tall but a tad skinny. Buzz was that he may get an offer.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks for all the info, tripper. It is greatly appreciated

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yes. Much appreciated, brother.

7. tripper

tripper Member

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't give any more but it's tough trying to keep track of all the players, talking to coaches and watching your kid. I'll post a some pics. I have to get them off my phone.

I think many on here have their bias towards Chaney but he is really good guy. He recruits this area so I run into him a lot, but he is a solid dude. All in all, I really like our coaching staff with one exception. Just hope DD doesn't get in the way which I know he will.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Chaney is a great guy, I am beginning to doubt his offensive mind.

9. tripper

tripper Member

Me included.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I lost it once It was clear that our redzone offense with a true freshman QB was the same as our regular spread offense with Hunter and Bray healthy. Then I lost all respect for the man when he debuted the vaunted pistol attack with no pistol concepts with 2 games remaining in the season.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was one of the few times the OL got any kind of a push was the pistol O.

If Bray couldn't take a snap from under center (their reasoning for the pistol) keep Worley in.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If Chaney wants to change strategy or philosophy mid-season, I've got no problem with that. But it stunk of desperation, not any strategic advantage.

And then halfway through that Bama game they just sort of deserted that strategy and put Worley in on the half-yard line. Weird.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thanks for the updates tripper.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

tripper, if you do DDT him, I have $100 to throw in the pot for bail.

Thanks for the updates

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think at that point it was "which option gives is best chance of winning two games?"

I actually thought going to the Pistol was the best offensive coaching move we made all season after Hunter went down.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It worked decently, I can't understand why it took 2 months to do it. The reasoning behind it sucked too, "Well, he can't take a snap" is pretty much saying his thumb is nowhere near 100%. The season was a complete loss by that time anyways, let him heal and see what Worley can do against the two worst teams in the East.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We don't beat Vandy without Bray IMO. Losing one of those two us bad enough.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True

19. tripper

tripper Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  20. tripper

tripper Member

Someone help please.

Calling IPO.