UT camp

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, Jun 11, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah, I was talking about the '14 class.

2. tripper

tripper Member

In all seriousness, the '14 and '15 classes are really loaded.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I knew that about grades and attitude which is part of the reason i asked. Hes a great athlete though.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There are already three national level guys in Hurd, Malone, and Kelly Jr. Wharton could be one soon too.

There are also five UT legacies with BCS offers in the '14 class.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's pretty fly for a white guy.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's damn impressive.

Lots of folks like to claim 4.5-4.4 speed until they get their bubble busted at a camp or something. That was not in any way meant for you or your son tripper. If he threw down that time at UT's camp, it's legit. Very few people have any idea what true sub 4.6-4.7 speed really looks like. I may have seen 3 players in 15 years of coaching high school that truly had that speed. That's freakin flying. Be very proud tripper, your son is in elite company. Especially in this area.

Thanks for the continued updates, bro. And congrats again.

Btw, if your son is at Knox West like I saw someone post, I coached football and coach softball now in the same conference as Sullivan South. Were you there the night of the Jake Logue tragedy? I played travel league baseball with their coach at the time, Stacey Carter. He's at Science Hill now- look for them to be a factor very soon. He's a helluva coach and an even better person.

7. JayVols

Can I tag along? I'm pretty easy to get along with.

8. tripper

tripper Member

Jay that was absolutely awful. In a weird way that brought those teams together the next year. Sorry for your loss at Sully South.

9. tripper

tripper Member

Nuggets for Cardinal and others:
    Camion Patrick will probably be ineligible because he failed driverr's ed, never showed up for the class.

Prevo got busted for weed last November still working that out if he will play. Most likely will.

10. JayVols

I didn't know the young man, but I'm friends/acquaintances with all of their staff. I had a player killed in a car accident on his way home from practice and another in an accident in the offseason when I was the guy running the program until the new coach finished up the school year in Georgia and came to us. Those two, especially the in season loss, were indescribably awful. I couldn't imagine it happening on the field. It gets said a lot, but from talking to the staff, he really was an intelligent and an honorable young man. Terrible terrible situation.

Thanks for the kind words, and let me reciprocate. The way the players, staff, and community of West responded was absolutely awesome. True class act. Thank you all for that.

11. tripper

tripper Member

On Camion, West would have taken him but Cummings knew he would not be eligible.

12. tripper

tripper Member

Jay it's really tough losing a player on the field. We put his number in the locker room and most every player wore his number on their uniform. Had it happen before with a parent and it's awful. Appreciate the kind words Sully South will always hold a special place in my heart.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trip, to post pics:

1. Save them somewhere on Internet (you can upload from your computer to site, like picturepush.com)
    2. Copy the provided direct web address to said pics
    3. Start a post here
    4. Paste copied web address between these two things: [​IMG]

Example: [​IMG]

Hope this helps with the pics, and thanks a ton for all of the information - your son sounds like a burner.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Is it just me, or is the example a broken link?

imgur.com is also a good, quick, and easy site to use for uploading pictures.

If it's a picture that is already up online, just right click and click on "Copy Image URL". Paste it in your reply with the

[img ]http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/humor-last-day-7.jpg[/img ]. Take out the spaces before the ] and it becomes this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*smdh for both situations

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's as bad as failing bowling