UT-Martin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 16, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Shut your whore mouth!

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Airplane?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Airplane!

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

And don't call me Shirley

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Animal House is technically 70s and is very different type of humor. In fact most of your list are different types of humor which begs the question do you even have a sense of humor?

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Airplane is hilarious, I do not understand the appeal of Woody Allen at all, and I haven’t seen the other two.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well, I guess that can be your call. I do like a lot comedies (Sandler and Carey 90s stuff, There's Something about Mary, Austin Powers, etc., the one where they went to North Korea) and sitcoms (Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, The Office, Seinfeld, Frasier, Raymond, Parks and Rec, Schitt's Creek, Always Sunny, the one with the girl from Elf). I don't watch too much TV these days so not sure what is currently popular so can't weigh in.

I agree Animal House is different than the others. I would say the kinds of humor I don't really appreciate is like drunken debauchery genre (Animal House, The Hangover) and stuff that is considered "witty."

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I grew up in a fairly witty household with lots of play on words and puns, so I am never impressed with it when I see it on TV.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don't know why The Goonies sucks. It just does.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thread for this has been created. Let’s get it all out there. Abuse to those who don’t like what we think they should like is allowed.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

She has now locked down her twitter account.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's weird how often people who try to bully/shame others on Twitter for minor transgressions like this were often guilty of something a lot more egregious like 5 seconds ago.

IP, justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hey, I like that answer

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We need to be quicker to pick people up and dust them off when they fall short. If they're sorry and it isn't a pattern of behavior, own it and live and learn.

Cancel a rapist Hollywood producer with a string of victims, sure. Random insensitive or inflammatory stuff from a person that they don't mean in the way it is received? Tell that's [uck fay]ed up and explain why. Give them a chance to clarify their intention and disavow any darker meaning, and we all move on, water under the bridge.

Teaching moment, nothing more.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Totally agree on Woody. Its like a test of your sophistication to like him. Call me a hick rube redneck I don't care, there's nothing funny about him except his looks.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think that’s where the pendulum is swinging either.

it’s heading to telling a lot of people to shut the [uck fay] up and get over themselves. You can already see this in the comedy scene.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UTM potentially facing an odd scenario this weekend.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Thats a really terrible way to decide things.