UT/USC Pick em

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 22, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Vols- 24
    USC- 20

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know. If we kept pace in the first, UF was in trouble. Don't remember with uga. Definitely would have been more interesting with bama for awhile. The offense doing anything would be a massive help.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Finally turn the corner

Vols 34
    Gamecocks 24

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It will be a very good sign if this group can reach back and grab what they took to AU and won with. That will be the foundation to a much better finish than most believed possible a month ago.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  5. Beechervol

Staff seems to do better on the fly. If Helton ever figures out how to scheme up some early stuff that gets us on the board quicker it will go a long way.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That seemed to be the one thing Butch's guys could do, at least prior to 2017. We'd have a pretty good opening drive most games.

7. Beechervol

2015 was the year of the fast starts and blown leads.
    2016 was the year of the comeback after getting down to pretty much everybody during the early success. VT, UF, UGA, A&M (even in a L)

Butch Jones invented ways to lose.

8. lol vol

lol vol Member

Vols 31
    [Weiner Sucker]s 27 OT

EDIT: Without Trey Smith , USCe 24, Vols 17.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Scripted offensive plays. That's why the first drive or two were usually the best under Butch until Dobbs would rescue them with his legs

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Start Chryst?
    Vols-35
    Littlecocks-24

But we beat them worse than the score says.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see where we’re an 8 point dog as the line opens... I’ll be interested to see if/how it moves as the week goes on.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this one ends up looking a lot like the Auburn game.

Dalekanium, hohenfelsvol and VolDad like this.
  13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

justingroves likes this.
  14. cpninja

cpninja Member

WGWTFA?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now where have I read that before?

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think that's a fair point. This seems like the kind of game where we would come out flat under previous administrations. Actually, if you look at the spot on the schedule, it looks very similar to the 2013 Missouri game--on the road immediately following a beatdown against Alabama and a big upset win. There is at least one difference this year, in that this year's South Carolina team is not nearly as good as the 2013 Missouri team. The hope is that the fight this team has shown will carry us to a better performance against a vulnerable team. But there are still too many of Butch's fingerprints on this team, so I'm not especially optimistic.

South Carolina 24
    Tennessee 13

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We need to finish no worse than 3rd in the East to set ourselves up with a Bowl, added practice, and momentum for next year. That starts Saturday. I am hopeful that players got the message and start putting forth the effort. No more tippy tap blitzes, fumbles or onside kicks recovered by the other team because their guys want it more, no more QB turnovers inside our red zone.

UT - 27
    USCe - 17

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

31-21 Tennessee. I was optimistic about this game before the season and I’ve seen no reason to change that opinion. South Carolina is very beatable and I think the Vols get it done. Go Vols!

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Somebody in columbia, SC just won 1.6 billion dollars last night. May have used up all their luck.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably was Dabo.