UT Wins after further review. (#anotherBrick)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 6, 2014.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd take him at our QB next year if it meant we'd win a Natty.

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

the blame should ultimately fall on ut's football program for exacerbating this situation.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If that was true, they should have refused to play a down with him on the field.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The defense did for one series.

The offense pretty much refused the entire game.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Eh, the Offense coughed up the ball with a short field. Florida was jacked up and capitalized because that's what even mediocre teams do.

The next series was 1 big run (32 yards) and that's about it.

Hard to pin anything on the D here.

6. cotton

We just lost to the worst ****ing Florida team since the Reagan administration. I'm gonna be at least a little mad at everybody.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'm pissed. Butch may still turn this around but he lost alot of ground with this loss.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't. The defense played their asses off.

9. cotton

I drove 4 1/2 hours for a Lil Jon concert punctuated by the guy from Tin Roof playing a guitar solo. I am entirely justified in being mad at everybody.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Once a coach starts telling fans they can't see improvement and they don't know what they're talking about in regards to the run game, it's over for the coach.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't recall him saying we couldn't see it. He has said stuff like there's progress that he sees everyday. I don't remember him saying that about us

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fans don't know the difference between a zone read or a read option.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I thought he said clinic for the media. Not fans. Fwiw

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Saying "the media" is almost a direct slight against the general public.

It's the "I don't really know what I'm doing but I don't want someone questioning what I do" mentality. I've known guys like that through work. The ones that say "You don't know what I have to do" are almost always the idiots that don't know what they have to do and are just lashing out to cover up their own deficiencies. And they usually put in a patronizing comment to their audience as well.

Usually this is regarding fixing a problem that isn't just a simple fix. So they keep doing the same thing ad nauseum that doesn't work and they get defensive when challenged about it.

Those guys are also usually the ones that get (#@*canned.

You don't have to be a Systems Engineer to know when a system is broken and isn't working... and the engineer responsible for it doesn't know what he's doing.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I generally don't like the excuse. But I also want to make sure we accurately hang him.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I guess becoming apathetic has one good point. I stopped getting pissed and I get by these games a hell of a lot better. No more broken chair arms, sore knuckles and my wife says I am not as large of an idiot when watching the games. (of course this last tidbit is from an Ohio State fan)

It really is a shame what our recent coaching debacles have done to one of the previously most ardent fans. Does this render me into the ranks of fair weather fans?

17. MWR

MWR Contributor

Could be a new kind of fan, a "Real World" fan.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[video=youtube;yp_l5ntikaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU[/video]

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I wouldn't say it makes you fair-weather. Just a guy who's come to the realization that winning isn't important to Tennessee. Ought not be so damn important to you either.

20. cotton

Sadly, where I think I am. Oddly, that's what I am angry about.