Vols @ Vandy

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Does anybody wanna take a stab at convincing me that we will win this game outright?

The 'Dores are favored by 9, and I tend to think we'll cover the spread, but I don't like betting on my own team and so I'm not overly concerned with that so much. It'd be a lot cooler if we won the game outright. Who wants to persuade KidB that we got a puncher's chance?

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I never have a good feeling when we play vandy at BB. I don't see any reason why Tennessee can't win this game. They've been playing great defense and one word...Stokes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

With our defense and emerging star, no one wants to play us. I think we more than cover.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Here's 5 reasons -

1. We play defense. You always have a chance if you play defense.

2. There is no book on how to stop Stokes yet.

3. Golden typically bounces back from horrible outings fairly well.

4. Vandy may still be reeling from a bad loss on Saturday.

5. Vandy's coach still looks like a large penis.

5. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

#5 runs away with it.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just hard for me to feel too confident. It's not like we've never won there, but I just know we've taken better teams in there and lost. Still, if we keep playing defense like we have been, we'll have a shot. Also the UConn game was good preparation for a road whistle.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No doubt Stallings looks like an unholy marriage of a giant penis and an adult baby. The man can (unfortunately) coach a pretty good lick, from my humble perspective though.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that the head coach's striking resemblance to an above-average sized phallus puts his team at a disadvantage?

Yeah, I can buy that.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I fully expect UT to get hammered tonight. Stokes will be in foul trouble by the second TV timeout and this team isn't ready for that kind of environment.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're probably right Hat, but in the last several meetings with Vandy I knew we were going in out-coached. That may still be the case, but the margin is not quite so vast.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think there is any doubt about this and our PG problems will be magnified in a tough joint to play, even though Vandy can't defend at all.

This would be a perfect game for McRae to drive the ball and kill somebody until they're forced to use their lone defender on him. Alas, McRae has turned into McBee.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

They may be kin.