Vols will hold satellite camps

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, May 4, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And what aggravates me is that this roster is as loaded as its been since 2006 and he'll still screw it up somehow or he'll get saved by Shoop and the offensive skill talent and people will tout him as a genius.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Win a championship and I don't really care how it gets done.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This. Win a championship and the recruits keep coming.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If he gets saved by Shoop then by all means he deserves the praise that comes with realizing he needed to ditch the old and bringing in the new.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Be interesting to see how that plays out. Shoop is the best decision he has made in his time here.

Ive got a feeling Jones better cash in with Shoop this year, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get another year out of him.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shoop is here until the Vandy job opens, in my opinion

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree. There's still a lot of moving parts. But, if Shoop delivers this year, Butch should get the credit for firing the old gaurd (even if Jancek helped force it along), identifying his guy, and doing what it takes to get him.

Now if Shoop leaves after this year, and he blows the next hire, then any goodwill he gained from the Shoop hire is gone.

8. Beechervol

That guarantees Jones 1 year, 2 at the most.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That would tell me he thinks the Vandy success they had was more him than Franklin, because if he produces here, I think he will be able to do a lot better than Vandy.

10. Beechervol

Exactly. Is this Jones showing he can go get "the guy" required. Or did he luck in to a guy that wanted out from James Franklin waiting on his next promotion that more than likely requires a 3 hour move?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His family is in Nashville and stayed in Nashville while he was at PSU. That's why I think he'll be in the state of Tennessee until his kids finish school

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He takes the Vandy job, wins 6 or 7 consistently, he can get a big time job in a few years.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he could've easily kept Jancek. I give him credit.

14. Beechervol

I think he was a bigger part than many give him credit for. If Franklin is not able to raise Penn St it will become more evident.

If he wants better than Vandy from a DC spot he'll have to stay at UT long enough to let the steam build. I think he takes it given the chance.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not with Jancek bringing his girlfriend around when his wife was at home

16. JohnnyQuickkick

well now that's true. I had forgotten about that

17. Beechervol

No doubt, the hire was the best move he has made IMO.

My question is, is that a sign of things to come if put back in the spot or just a stroke of perfect timing.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

hopefully getting a guy like that in will rub off in some other areas.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One can only hope. Butch is a terrible gameday coach, but the man can sell to boosters and recruits. If he were to hire an oc the caliber of Shoop and stay the hell out of the way, he could be successful here for a long time

20. JohnnyQuickkick

hopefully maybe he learned a little bit from some of the late-game stuff and at least gets a little better.