Vols will introduce an alternate helmet this year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Aug 1, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

According to VQ

"Lastly, let's just address this: there's increasing belief Tennessee will wear an alternate helmet in the coming season. From prospects to on-campus staff, nearly double-digit people have told VolQuest.com the alternate helmet --- Tennessee has had, essentially, the same 'Power T' helmet for several decades --- is going to become a reality this year. Multiple designs have been studied, from one that would closely match the Vols' 'Smokey Gray' alternate uniforms to an entirely different scheme. We will continue pursuing this matter, but we expect Tennessee has made plans --- and, according to sources, orders --- to wear a new helmet this fall."

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The bluehairs will lose it.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep.

6. NorrisAlan

Let them. It is 2014, times they are a changin'.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope that they do.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They may become so enraged as to actually put their newspapers down, rip their sweater vests open, or accidentally drop the candles of remembrance which they continue to hold for Fulmer's demise.

They're largely the generation which allowed the belief that Tennessee was just a good-once-in-a-decade-program, and held enough sway so to be able to denounce and marginalize anyone who dared dared to disagree with that stupidity, or who also failed to see how a football program would benefit by spending millions of dollars on widening the stalls in skybox restrooms, and at a time when the program was otherwise in such bad financial constraints and general disarray as to have hired Derek F'ing Dooley.

F'em and good riddance.

Were it up to me, they'd have a slidng scale for tickets, based on age. Starting ticket price: $10. And add a $25 surcharge for each year beyond the age of 50 of the person presenting the ticket for admission.

60 years old? That'll be $260, please.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Will the players like it? If that answer is yes, then go for it. If that answer is no, then leave as is.*

However, I hope 3rd time is the charm for the smokey grays this year.

*-My lone caveat is I would prefer we would wear the traditional jerseys/helmets vs. Bama and they wear the all crimson, but I won't leave and never comes back if they walk out in something different.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Same helmet (orange stripe, power T), but with a smokey gray metallic chipped finish, so as to shine and not look like a matte finish, instead of just white, IMO.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not a fan of the Smokey grays but have had fans of other teams tell me how much they like them. I don't care what they wear; just "Win".

12. NorrisAlan

I like the grey uniforms a lot. And if you don't win when you wear them, don't blame the uniform.

I will admit, however, that I am not a fan of the canned music or the jumbotron. I want to hear the band, I want to not have the distraction of a Dish commercial or some sales pitch. I don't need a sign to tell me when to yell or clap. But I understand the changes and have decided not to go to the home games much anymore and leave it to those that enjoy that sort of thing.

I will get my kids to one home game this year, however. Important for them to experience it.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Vol Navy helmets, imo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Holy shit that would be bad ass.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

InVol, how did you change the gold to orange? Is it just putting a transparent layer on top?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think they look sharp, but winning is #1 priority.

17. NorrisAlan

Yes, please.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Layer mask out the gold bar -> desaturate it -> create a layer of just orange color and set it to be a clipping mask to only cover the bar -> set blending mode to color

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

YES

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Thanks, I've seen people do that with pictures of cars, and I've always wondered.