Vudu on Xbox

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Jewbaccah, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I just used this to watch Ideas of March. It was in HD with surround. I would say not quite a bluray mainly because sound is not as crisp. It was good though. They give you one free rental when you activate. So it is worth the download just for that.

Ideas of March was a pretty good flick as well.

2. WM

WM Active Member

I think with all the apps on Xbox and a roku box I could eliminate cable.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Pretty much WM but comcast gave me a cable box for free....I had not had for two years and they called and said they had so many cancellations due to Uverse coming into town that they were now offerring free cable. I have HD on basic channels now for free. I did have to have the faster internet service from comcast. I already had it so not a big deal.

4. WM

WM Active Member

If Comcast is the only game in town they do have you by the balls. You drop thier cable they jack up the internet price. It's a no win right now.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Yep. I really hope we open up competition here. There are many internet providers but only two that offer true high speed in the ATL. Uverse alone which is a shitty company as well has made comcast offer much better deals in the area. Imagine if Fios was here too. I presently pay 60 something dollars for my internet now with cable fro free on top of that. But really it should cost like 30 IMO. Uverse is slightly cheaper but you have to buy all of their equipment and pay for install.