we burned worley's redshirt.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

well you don't have to worry about that..he isn't a system QB...he ran a system that inflated his numbers...but he would have been great regardless...he is smart...accurate and has enough arm strength to make every throw he needs to in UT's system...

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USCe has no ground game. I hope like hell Wilcox can figure out the "throw it to Alshon" offense.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The bold is what I was referring to. I have little doubt that Bray will be the starter. I just know it will be annoying to hear a made up controversy.

4. Mullet and you both suck at XBox?

5. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

That is what I'm scared of. He hasn't figured out the "Pass it to anyone" offense yet. Hell, he made McCarron look like a Heisman candidate tonight.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I saw Worley play a lot in high school -- where he was great -- but I am tempering my expectations of him. He does not have the physical tools that Bray has. But he is coachable and smart, and ran a complex offense with multiple reads and check-downs. And he doesn't hold on to the ball. He'll at least sling that sucker.

7. Brinkley52

ingram played against MSU...he missed a few snaps during the Kentucky game...he will be 100 percent for UT
    our issue is running back...starting a true freshman in Brandon Wilds (started the year 5th on the depth chart)..but our #2 Kenny Miles and #3 Eric Baker will be back for the UT game

8. WM

WM Active Member

Skills alone, he gives us a better chance to win, period. Start him and let the cards fall where they may.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

The secondary obviously had great coverage for the first half, even the first bit of the third. McCarron was only able to create things on busted plays because our pressure couldn't sack a scarecrow. Then, the starters got worn out and beat constantly.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

What is a reasonable goal -- points lets say -- for the defense to give up and we still win given our offensive limitations? 14, 17?

11. WM

WM Active Member

I would say we are actually pretty good, just the fact the people we play are elite. I haven't lost to a friend irl in ages.

12. Brinkley52

sure...fans will be fans though...thats what we do! but if Worley plays well...I think that puts pressure on Bray to get even better because the leash won't be long with him if he drops back...so it is a win/win...

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect him to not sit in the pocket like a statue and actually throw it to his 2nd receiver once in awhile. Is that asking too much?

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm just saying don't expect him to pull a Bray and start throwing 70-yard bombs. That's not his game, yet.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd say 10 to be on the safe side.

If Worley can produce a few first downs and keep the D off the field, it will help tremendously.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for a dink and dunk with a receiver like Da'Rick breaking tackles after the catch

17. WM

WM Active Member

I was 2-0 against Mason in 12. Granted one win was a tipped pass in the endzone in OT and the other was a jump ball pass for a TD to ice the game. Looks the same over my mantle.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Question: Can't we make him a redshift sophomore? As in, we just don't play him next year, when Bray is healthy.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Good question, does it have to be an injury related redshirt after the freshman year?

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you can redshirt at any point... but it's going to be tough, because next year he will be the official backup.