we burned worley's redshirt.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Apparently you missed Simms' total inability to play the QB position.

2. VOLinDAWGland

Exactly

3. VOLinDAWGland

Which Simms can't even manage to do. It's time for Worley.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It is the only move if 1. the staff thinks we might have a chance against Carolina with Worley or 2. they think we might have trouble against Vandy or UK with Simms. The move has to affect the win column.

I thought that was exactly what happened during the great quarterback derby of 2008, where whoever got the most positive Vol Calls got the start.

5. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

I always thought the option to redshirt a player implied you didn't need their services.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

There is another way to look at that; we could have been playing far over our heads against significantly superior teams in the first halfs.

Almost certainly.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

It absolutely isn't. Win over SC or Ark +3 more would mean a lot to our program. I want whoever gives us the best chance in the next two games in there.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Of course, Worley will probably have a break-out game against SC. That's the way our luck generally goes.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bust was the wrong word to use I suppose. I'm not a 4-8 doomdayer (yet).

This team goes 6-6 with either Worley or Simms at QB, IMO. The difference between Vandy, UK and MTSU and LSU/Bama is that drastic. I'm not saying Simms is good by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't think Worley makes any difference against SC and Arkansas.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure even with SC having no running game whatsoever that we can hold Jeffries below 150 receiving.

Sorry, I've lost all confidence in this staff right now against equal or greater competition. I'm not changing my opinion until I see a reason to do so.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Hopefully Worley can help give us that reason. I'm not sure we win either of the next two games either, but if the staff thinks he gives us a better shot I think you have to play him.

11. VOLinDAWGland

It's real simple for me...I just can't bear to watch another game with Simms at QB, just can't stomach it. Nothing against him personally, but that is just terrible QB play. Worley has got to be better then that, has to be.

12. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

I'd rather get a root canal than watch Simm's play. It's embarrassing. Hopefully Worley will be the starter from here out.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You hope you don't need their services for a year

14. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

That is just wrong. With Simms we have no shot against USCjr and would have to battle against Vandy. He runs the offense like the Stephens/Crompton duo of Fulmer's last year.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

can't he be the official back up and still redshirt? as in, if Bray is fine all year, he red shirts, but if Bray gets hurt, he goes in? It's not a guarantee that Worley will be needed as a backup next year.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

On one hand I hate that his redshift is gone but on the other hand Matt Simms straight up sucks. Why they got him from juco is beyond me.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could read the body language of D. Rogers to know that the whole team was frustrated and over Simms.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Late push for overreaction of the year.

19. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

I think this is the year that Kentucky may have a shot at beating us. Vandy I don't know. I think it will take Worley some time to settle down or get comfortable with the speed of the game.

20. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Have you seen Kentucky play?