We can't even cheat well

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 19, 2020.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Puzzies! Back in the '70's the team used BB guns and their own chemistry lab plastic safety glasses. And the whole campus was the "playing" field. Avoiding Campus police added a live action variable.

justingroves likes this.
  3. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

According to 247 coaches handed out bags of cash instead of using bagmen. Doesnt bama give recruits cars? Never gonna win a war like that!

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There is still a non-zero chance that Pruitt was an Alabama plant used to get back at Fulmer and destroy the program even more.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well good thing I’m bringing Rodney with me, he knows how to play this game in a more professional manner.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

From what I hear, the 70s at UT were pretty wild

Poppa T likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

@Oldvol75 was running amok, knoxville didn’t stand a chance

8. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I can attest.

Poppa T likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

80s werent tame when Dale Carter, Alvin Harper, Pickens, Reggie Cobb, etc were on campus. Pre cellphones, fortunately for everybody. They hung out with students quite a bit more then as well. Cant do that now without getting a picture taken and posted somewhere.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Tennessee gave recruits cash in McDonald's bags. I thought Knoxville was Hardy's country.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I was just glad that when I came back from the "Conflict" slide rules had been replaced with calculators.

A-Smith and SeabeeVol like this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nah...

Attached Files:

A-Smith likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They are currently painting “I’m lovin it” on the rock.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That’s why we got caught. Got sloppy. Didn’t want to pay for the Hardee’s breakfast and ordered off the Mcdollar menu instead.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You know what’s tough is thinking about how rigged CFB is. Yeah we know everyone cheats, but it took obscene cheating 2007-2011 ish for Alabama to lay the foundation for what it has. Same for what Georgia is doing. And it just makes you so mad you can’t see straight. And the storyline is the people who do get caught just aren’t as smart. Yeah there’s a kernel of truth there, but the bigger factor is that nobody is watching them AND nobody will ever look unless they have to.

And then for a second I think about how college football doesn’t really matter and it’s silly to let yourself get worked up over it. Problem with that is then I remember the world is a helluva lot more rigged and dishonest than CFB and I’m more pissed off. Ugh f**k 2020 and now 2021 too with a rusty shovel.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  16. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

We need this atmosphere on the Hill , in a controlled environment,but a coach that can bring back this way of Saturday’s in Tennessee!

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's one thing to know life ain't fair. it is quite another to have it stamped on your face with a boot. Obviously there are far worse fates in the world than that of an American college football fan from Tennessee, but [uck fay]ing hell.

gcbvol, A-Smith and HCKevinSteele like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

In the early days of Facebook and social media, Clemson commits were routinely posting pictures of themselves with stacks of cash on signing day. 10 years later, nothing but trophies and great times.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I remember that. Alabama too.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just saw a picture of two Bama signees sitting on new cars.

hohenfelsvol likes this.