We're #1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2022.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Theoretically

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's been awhile lol.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Obviously money is a big part of the equation. But A&M having money is not a new development. They've really never shown the ability to get to the top of the mountain, or even really that close.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They're the right hire at head coach away. You can't say that about Ole Miss or Kentucky, etc.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU's last national title was 1939. They couldn't win one with Bear Bryant

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Thanks to the pollsters for voting a team that didn’t allow a single point all season 2nd.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bear Bryant couldn't win one there

ole_orange and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The early years of college football pollster voting was beyond goofy and nonsensical. Basically if you were an SEC team (or Southern Conference team in the days preceding the SEC) voters made it very clear back then you could go [uck fay] yourself. A big reason why I have no qualms about Tennessee claiming 6 nattys. The 1967 title makes up for the injustices of the past. Neyland's teams should have been credited with at least two, if not more, nattys than they were officially credited for.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I see A&M like I see Florida pre-Spurrier. I want to look at them and laugh, but part of me knows they have the resources to build something there. Especially if Texas keeps [uck fay]ing around.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have my doubts A&M ever truly gets it rocking and rolling now that Texas is about to be on an even playing field once they join the SEC. It'll be back to the old status quo of where no universally coveted Texas HS recruit will actually choose to live in College Station over Austin. I'm no fan of Texas, but it's definitely a whole lot "cooler" than A&M.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just look at the male cheerleaders, they'll never win anything important

Memtownvol, tvolsfan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah those cheerleaders need to show more leg, this isn't 1904.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

They have the -biggest- little brother complex imaginable. They squandered a full decade of un-impeded SEC monopoly over Texas croots along with easily the wealthiest donor base of any SEC school.

IMO if they didn't do it by now... they won't with Texas joining.

And they're a cult... but their band does play the Patton theme which is pretty cool... but they do it looking like a complete mishmash of 1920s tryhards and JROTC kids so it all balances out.

justingroves likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He probably would have if he had stayed more than 4 years. But that's a decent point.

IDK, I can certainly imagine a world where TAMU wins one. Hopefully, it never comes to that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

A nice "season so far" recap:

HongKongPhooey and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Just a shockingly mismanaged program. I can’t put my finger on it but something ain’t right there. As a young kid in Arkansas, Aggie jokes were common. They could hire Saban and have Number 1 recruiting classes 10 years in a row and still underachieve

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

gcbvol and TDVol1989 like this.