We're #1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2022.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

You talk as if it's our choice. Of course it'd be great to get a rematch with UGA but it's out of our hands now. All we can do now is win out impressively. If we do it will be playoff or Sugar regardless how much we debate it or wish it otherwise.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Arguing about teams and destinations is one of the best things about college football IMO

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

There are people saying they’d rather not go to the playoff just to lose to UGA again like we’d have no shot against them on a neutral field. Which is asinine on too many levels to even list. I didn’t think the playoff committee was going to ask our preference.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would love to make the playoff but it's not something Tennessee can control now. If winning out means Tennessee finishes 5th in the CFP poll and the Vols get the Sugar Bowl, I'm happy as hell

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

So that is what a terminal case of BVS looks like. Don't even want a shot anymore.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People are giving UGA way too much credit.

7. VOLinDAWGland

This is so dumb. It doesn't matter what we want or don't want. We don't get a say.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Wait…do you actually think people shouldn’t discuss these things because “we don’t get a say?” And do you actually think that we think we get a say? Why are you on a message board?

JudgmentVol likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The "don't discuss things because all that matters is X" talk on this board lately has been a little weird. We are literally here to discuss things. It's why message boards in general exist, this one included.

Not saying OP was or wasn't saying that. Just observing in general based on what I've seen/read lately.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something is dumb, but it isn't what I typed.

11. VOLinDAWGland

I was referring to the characterization of "settling". No one is "settling" for anything when it's not a controllable decision. But carry on, I'm not trying to stop anyone from howling into the wind. But I reserve the right to call something dumb when it gets a bit ridiculous.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't a comment on a controllable decision but rather of a ceiling to dreams.

justingroves likes this.