We're Back

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 31, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ranking tcu #2 is disqualifying as an analyst.

So tennessee is #6 because of one outlier game.

warhammer likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Only common opponent we had and we lost by 14 on the road and they lost by 60 on a neutral site. I would say we deserve to be ranked ahead of them. I was told margin of loss matters.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I love that head to head apparently matters with Mich/OSU, because that is the only reason for Michigan to be ahead of Ohio State, but carries no weight with Tennessee/Alabama.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Add to that, 2 loss TCU is #2 for losing by 8 touchdowns to UGA, 2 loss Ohio state is behind them for losing on a game ending field goal. I have no love for OSU, but TCU is clearly worse than them. The UM win shouldn't change that because UM has only 1 loss and the only reason TCU is there at all is because THEY had only 1 loss and other better teams had 2.

There has to be some kind of established rubric or public defense of these rankings that they are held to for more than a week. Shifting metrics and goal posts is bullshit.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Of all the 2 loss teams, did any lose by 8 [uck fay]ing touchdowns to anyone else besides TCU? Because TCU is not the only 2 loss team that lost to UGA. Not defensible.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cover up the names, and rank the wins and losses. One will readily see Bama and tennessee has done more than tcu or Ohio state or Michigan. And tennessee has the head to head.

Tennessee is the true #2. Take away the names and look at the wins and losses. Losing to a top 25 team on the road has never been such an anchor for a top 10 team vs other teams with the same record.

If losing to LSU by one possession on the road is so great, surely blowing them out is? Surely losing to the national champion in their house is more excusable?

Make it make sense.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My 2 cents

Ohio State was probably the second best team in the country, but Ryan Day has somehow put himself in complex vs Michigan like Fulmer did with Florida. Going to be entertaining to watch this play out.

All things considered, objectively, I'd put OSU 2 and us 3. Bama 4. TCU, Michigan, Penn St and Washington some order 5-8.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Much more reasonable than the [uck fay]ing moron up in South Bend.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at this twitter thread. People are on drugs. They're huffing paint. They're damaged. 27-13 on the road is just not in the same realm as 65-7 on a neutral field. But people are pretending. fantasizing. hallucinating. Tripping.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

One last diss as we close the door on 2022. You think Heupel won't notice?

Volgrad98 likes this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I cannot. And I will not. I am trying to be kind to my cardiac health this year.

12. CardinalVol

The entire final AP Top 25 is something else. Mercy.

13. CardinalVol

One of my favorite collisions ever.

[​IMG]

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Targeting on Tebow!! EJECT HIM!

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It's as if Tennessee has been so bad for so long, they (media and whoever else) don't want to believe what's happening on Rocky Top as legit. Like the butch era, it is a sham. The rankings are a joke but the real kicker is how Hendon got completely left out of the conversation for the Heisman. As A-Smith said, CH sees this shit and personally, I don't think he's the type to just let it slide. Big beatdowns are a coming.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Top 10 teams with a win over a team ranked higher than them: Tennessee.

Top 10 teams with wins over at least 1 top 10 team: UGA, TCU, Michigan, Tennessee.

Wins over current top 25: UGA 6, TCU 3, UM 2, OSU 2, Bama 3, Tenn 4, PSU 1, UW 3, Tulane 1 (USC!), Utah 3* (USC twice)

Top 10 teams with wins over P5 conference champions: TCU, Bama, Tenn, PSU.

Tennessee is clearly a top 5 team. It is clear.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That first one I listed is pretty [uck fay]ing damning, btw.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We are likely the only team standing between Georgia and a 3-peat. Their schedule next year is Charmin soft outside of having to come to Neyland.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we are their toughest game and come in preseason #18. Between licking into Stetson, not having to play anybody from the West worth a shit and UT only good team in east the last 2 years, it’s been laid out for them as easy as it could be.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is correct.

utvol0427 likes this.