We're In Deep Doo-doo

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Gomer is dumb. No doubt. But I am pretty sure he would have taken $6 mil instead of all this

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will be lucky to be a DC at the middle school level if he doesn't handle this properly.

PilotFlyingJ, Memtownvol and Poppa T like this.
  3. TDVol1989

As it stands that’s where he is headed anyway. So he’s going to make us spend anyway. And maybe we keep the ncaa out of it.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Exactly. He has (or should have) been banking a substantial portion of ~$4M/year for 3 years. If he wants to blow this up for a few more million then he may be managing a Micky D's instead of handing out bags of cash in their bags. Everybody knows, everybody does it. It is a matter of how loud he wants to shout it and incur the wrath of any potential employers. EDIT: I expect he is getting advice/counsel from Uncle Nick relative to how far he should (or if he should) push it for a few million.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

UT can outspend him. Especially since he didn't get his buyout.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The pro Bono Alabama law brigade will show up for this though

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I strongly doubt he wants this to go to court and some details become public.

8. TDVol1989

Of course we can. But if he goes scorched earth it could cost us more. He’s likely on a contingency fee so he doesn’t lose a dime. But we could be hit pretty hard by the 2 A.

9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Someone somewhere has went to a lotta trouble to put a very effective curse on the university. It’s either that or ridiculous incompetence from top to bottom.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They are not mutually exclusive.

I think there is something in the water on the Hill that turns coaches stupid. I have been saying that for years.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We made a deal with the devil for Stoerner to put the ball on the ground on a rainy November night in Neyland.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Still worth it IMO.

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Couldn’t we have just made a deal for the ref to not blow the illegal kicking call? Surely that would’ve been cheaper

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

As embarrassing as the leadership from the suits in administration to the athletic dept has been for 20+ years in UTK, specifically the interviewing process, some decisions proved just plain dumb. I can't see why such a hard line is taken with coach Freeze. He was wrong...he's apologized and as far as I know and has behaved himself, i'd even say redeemed himself. With UTK looking in a mirror over the last 2 decades, they and even SEC leadership should be the first to forgive a man trying to redeem himself and his career. Saban has done more of this than SEC leadership has redeeming damaged coaches. He's a good offensive mind that should be considered seriously rather than easily tossing his name aside under a header of integrity and morality. And considering with possible bowl and recruiting punishments coming where are we gonna get a better head coach? I'm not saying we should be in a hurry to do anything, the first smart move is get the best proven AD available and choose logically and practically.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Hugh is just a POS slimeball POS and everyone knows it. His NCAA issues would be looked on differently if he was, let’s say, the exact same guy as Gus Malzahn or Joe Morehead but with the NCAA issues.

justingroves and warhammer like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Pretty much this. If he was 0-fer against bammer, talk of his redemption would be muted, and I'm a guy who believes in redemption.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am also a big redemption guy. He's getting his shot at redemption already. He's coaching at a school. Letting him come back to SEC football after 1 season at Liberty isn't redemption, it's a free pass. There hasn't been time to demonstrate anything in terms of redemption, and as it turns out Tennessee may need some redeeming as well. We can't bring in a guy with NCAA troubles to clean up our NCAA troubles. It's dumb. IT'S DUMB! Why are so many of us so dumb?!

warhammer, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has been there 2 years.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I stand corrected on that aspect.