Western

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Sep 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

beat up UK last night. Kentucky is terrible, but Petrino has them looking like a competent offensive football team.

Tennessee has more better players, but this is going to be Butch's first chance to really **** up.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The were a competent team before Petrino got there. It will be different for them playing in Neyland, than it was playing at home against a trash Kentucky team. I think we win by 17.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I bet LP field was 75% Kentucky fans. No idea how full it was.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That's a good estimate, judging by tv, and I'd guess it was 2/3 full.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Vols 38
    WKU 28

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Damn, forgot it was on a neutral field. That just means KY is just that much worse.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Damn, 28 points Chavis?

I think we win by 14+, but I'll be honest...it's going to be more of a challenge than I originally thought.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee will put them away in the third quarter

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I guarantee Western's D-Line will be immeasurably better coached than what AP's was. This game is officially scary.

10. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

You're worried about the matchup of their DL vs. our OL, really??

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This one has been nagging at me for a month. Last night didn't help. Even if UK is trash I'm not sure how much better we are. Young WRs with what looks like some talent but no QB to get them the ball. Insufficient penetration on the DL against AP. corners that were chasing after AP WRs with recklessness. We knew it was going to be a long season but man.

If we can't win a game on the ground we are in trouble.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Any opponent with a decent passing game can exploit our secondary and score. I'm not sure about 28, but they'll put up some points.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought our DL did well enough when the first team was in. Still, our top 2 DEs are out, and hopefully at least one will be back soon.

14. MWR

MWR Contributor

fyp.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This plus our O fluttering a few times and average ST play. WKU scores.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Also, let's not forget the possibility of defensive scores. Some of those passes...yikes.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I definitely think this game is losable. Sure, we should win, but Bobby Petrino vs this secondary is disturbing.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I said they will be much better coached than AP. I don't recall saying what you're claiming.

Their D-Line coach is a good friend of mine. Read up on him. The guy can coach.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What's well enough against AP? I don't really know how to answer that I suppose.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If I'm reading this correctly, your comment that their DL was well-coached couple with your comment that it was scary was taken to imply that you were worried about their DL (presumably against our OL). Which is also what I thought it implied, not knowing you had a buddy coaching at WKU