What’s Worse?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 28, 2019.

?

What’s worse?

1. Reviewing a play with 2.5 seconds left to allow a team with no timeouts left to draw up a final play

21.1%
  2. Calling a VERY questionable foul with 1.7 seconds left to give a team a chance to win the game?

78.9%
  1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man our players are as hurt as ive ever seen a team. Any team in any sport.

2. Ssmiff

Yeah im not on him at all. Hes giving 100% and in the face of the biggest [uck fay]ing ball hog in college basketball and the arguably the hottest player in the tourney

3. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Team got [uck fay]ed. That is all.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't like the call in that spot but if the roles were reversed we would swear up and down that it was a foul. It's a real tough way to lose a lead with mere seconds left, we simply Tennessee'd it, like we always do.

5. GahLee

He had to close hard, had to.

6. Ssmiff

Edwards right heel hovering over the out of bounds line on that bullshit shot

7. GahLee

Almost a 5 second, almost out of bounds, Turner almost avoided him entirely. Going to be talking about that foul and Cline for years to come.

8. Ssmiff

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Went back and watched highlights. Bad idea. Cline’s 3’s are enraging.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can handle a guy going off like that, but no excuse not to attack him on the offensive end to try to get number five. Pick him, drive on him, anything to try to get the guy off the floor.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I was/am admittedly drunk - but it seemed to me that on the review in question the ball hit the Purdue guy's leg. Which means not only did they give Purdue a free timeout they also ended up getting the call wrong.

Did I mis-see the ball hitting that dude's leg?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One angle showed it clearly did not hit his leg.

I’m not convinced, however, that it didn’t hit Edwards’s hand last before going out.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One angle showed what looked like a glancing blow and another looked like there was a foot of separation.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Barnes is bad, BAD, at adjusting to what is going on on the court in the heat of conflict.

He is George McClellan.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The idea that such a call could possibly happen against a Duke defender should make one giggle.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he puts a lot of trust in his players, and it’s a double-edged sword for him. Sometimes you just can’t trust them.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wish he had trusted Grant enough to have him on the floor at the beginning of OT.

After the win over Gonzaga he made some quote about how, after we took the lead late, “I turned around and told the coaches if we could just somehow survive the next 3 minutes (I can’t remember the exact number) we would be ok.” Don’t remember the specifics, but I thought it was a really weird thing for a leader to say. I think it is more than just him trusting te players too much. I don’t think he thinks well in the heat of battle.

20. Ssmiff

Grant was at the table early, but there wasnt a stop in play. I woulda played him. Thinking barnes assumed we would lose the tip and send him in after a defensive trip or 2.