What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

FreeSync actually works somewhat well with NVidia now… until it doesn’t. It’s just easier to say NVidia - GSync, AMD - FreeSync

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If it’s better to wait til later in the year to build a PC, maybe I’ll just buy a PS5 now to hold me over.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Horizon Forbidden West drops today.

Not sure if you played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, but if you are going to go the PS5/Horizon route I would start there, based on what I am seeing in reviews.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't played them, but I've seen a few commercials. It looks interesting. Kinda reminded me of that monster hunter game, which I tried but couldn't really get into.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Played the first Horizon game and got bored with it about halfway through. I'll give the new one a shot once it goes on sale.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I lost interest the first time I played, probably 10 hours in, then I picked it back up and got hooked. It’s really picks up in the last half

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit… 2K22 dunk contest is so bad. Like, you’re literally just tapping square twice no matter what dunk you do. That’s it. So bad.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Seems pretty badass.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I lose so much of my time to 2k’s bullshit. Played a game, then loaded up another. Dominating in the first half and then the game just freezes. Lost results of the first game as well as progress of the 2nd. Cool.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Play Elden Ring instead.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How’s the difficulty?

I do like FromSoft games, but the linearity combined with the difficulty makes it difficult for me to stick with them. Everything I’ve seen says this one is difficult but the open world makes up for it by giving you more stuff to do when you hit a wall

Edit: Nm, thought it was already out, guess that’s not until later today or tomorrow

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Started out struggling on pro difficulty in 2K. Lost a lot of games on all pro difficulty after that, before eventually figuring it out and bumping up to superstar difficulty, where I now play.

I just beat a team by 71 in the playoffs. Guess it’s time to move up another difficulty level lol

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I randomly stopped playing botw without beating it a while back. I’m at the point where I can finish the game, but I wanted to complete most of the other tasks first. Got bored while doing that and just put the game down for a while.

Anyways, I picked it back up the other day. I though I had completed all the shrines… lord was I wrong. I’ve done like 10 new ones just since picking it up again. The game is just never ending.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I paid for the Nintendo Switch Online expansion pass to get access to N64 and Sega games. Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Tennis 64... I'm rolling in the nostalgia.

Haven't even gotten to Ocarina of Time yet, which I've never played before. Looking forward to that one. And if they add Donkey Kong 64 at some point, I'll probably drop whatever game I'm playing immediately and take a week off work to play it nonstop.

Volsdude likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m playing Oblivion. As much as I love Skyrim there’s just something about Oblivion

Volsdude likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

You must be one of those weirdos that wrongly rates DK64 above the superior SNES games.

17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Yeah I loved Skyrim but oblivion will always be #1 in my heart. Those gates were so cool, I liked all the guilds quest lines better, and the DLC was as good as the rest of it.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You’ve never played Ocarina? I want to be a fly on the wall the first time you attempt the Water Temple.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nah, I was never much into Zelda growing up. My younger brother has always loved those games, so he actually introduced me to a few of them here and there.

I am well aware that Ocarina is considered up there with the best games of all time, though, so I am looking forward to trying it.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Never played the SNES games. I loved DK64 as a kid. Played it a ton, but I was young and eventually just got stuck. So I never beat it and would love the opportunity to finally finish that off.