When Will Butch Be Fired?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 24, 2017.

?

When will Butch be Fired?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2018.
  1. After Kentucky, win or lose

8.7%
  2. After next loss

45.2%
  3. End of regular season

35.6%
  4. After bowl game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. He won't be - he's back in 2018

10.6%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only it were that simple.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good. Glad to see you back. Stick around.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve been thinking he would be gone next Monday for 2.5 weeks now. At this point, I think he’s got the whole regular season

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Being a dog to UK or Vandy should be an immediate fire able offense for cause.

justingroves and Volguy1971 like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, being 2-2 to Vandy should be cause.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hey BB.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

There needs to be one more choice: "I have no friggin' idea, and I'm close to not giving a uck fay."

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I've said this a dozen times and people think I'm joking, but I'm not:

Every UT football coach should have, as part of his contract, language that requires his immediate termination upon his 2nd loss to Vandy.

Shit can happen once. Bad calls and Jay Cutler and 1st year coaching inherited blues can all account for one loss. There is no excuse for a 2nd except incompetence.

9. NorrisAlan

Should be printed at the top of the page before the rest of the contract is discussed.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The second scenario pisses me off. And that’s what I voted for. No reason, other than he has just managed to hang on for an annoyingly long time. May as well expect it to continue as long as realistically possible.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Your grace, ;)

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

End of the year here. Seriously, gentlemen, open your eyes. Dude will be here a minute. Why would you keep him after 2 blow out losses, unless you plan on having him here until the end of the year?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

14. NorrisAlan

That made me laugh far harder than it had any right to do.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The TN fan should be Gruden or Houston Kress

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Given I think this timeline is attached to a replacement, I have no idea really.

Jones has done plenty x 10 to this point for it to already happen.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's why I picked the end of the season, but I honestly think it could be at any point. Since he's yet to be fired it means his firing is tied to his replacement being nailed down or it means Currie is a dumbass. Either scenario makes it impossible to predict.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’m surprised some people are saying after Kentucky, win or lose. No way they keep him for three embarrassing losses only to fire him after a road win. Only chance is if his firing is announced before the game but he still coaches it.

19. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I voted for the end of the year. Give Jones a chance to get to 8-4, 7-5. If Jones can translate that record into something that makes him more hire-able than a midseason fired coach, then our mitigation goes down considerably. This season is already shot. If Tennessee can just get another unwitting P5 school to snap him up, we can save upwards $10 million. That would pay Gruden's first year's salary.

That being said, if he loses to KY, firehizazz.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Scuttlebutt is that Ole Miss wants a caretaker like Dooley that can recruit despite no success on Saturdays and maintain APR and other crap like that. Want him to just keep the seat warm through probation, then they can hire a real coach. Actually seems like a great fit for him.

I think it’s nothing more than internet speculation, but thought I’d share.