When Will Butch Be Fired?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 24, 2017.

?

When will Butch be Fired?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2018.
  1. After Kentucky, win or lose

8.7%
  2. After next loss

45.2%
  3. End of regular season

35.6%
  4. After bowl game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. He won't be - he's back in 2018

10.6%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What if the coach being brought in to replace him has a soft spot for fired coaches and wants him to get full season?

hohenfelsvol and Cameltoes like this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m not sure even Butch wants the full season.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

My high school alma mater getting involved

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think its clear what the people want

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man I hadn't hear about that sign. Bruins look good this year. I have a freshman there now.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think its after the next loss, but say he squeaks one out in a crappy game @ UK and then only 75-85K show up for homecoming against USM with a large portion of the greeks leaving after the halftime show.

7. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

Wow. Hyams trying to pitch scenarios wherein Butch returns next year. He says "everyone he's talked to" (whoever that is) has said that if Butch wins out, he is retained, and that if he only loses one more, he may still stay. If that thought even crossed my mind, I don't think I could say it out loud.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Dooley bowed out early.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I can't imagine having to go through this again next season. If they won't fire him mid season this year, there's no reason to think they'd do it next year either... another full season of Botch will be the death of the program.

10. Was just going to post this. Said everyone he had spoken to said that at 8-4, Jones will be back next year. At 7-5, depending who the loss is to, he could still be back.

Surely this is not possible. I’m all in on everything I’ve read that says he was told he was gone after Georgia. I can’t take another season under this nutsack.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is no way in Hell that he is back next season. Not unless everyone on the Hill is completely brain dead...

uh oh.

12. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

It is so insane, it has to be instructed diversion.

13. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

So, name 5 of the next 5 games we win to get to 8?

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It is basically the same as me saying if I wake up in the morning at 6’8”, I’ll be able to dunk a basketball.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have a 6' 7" friend who can't dunk.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wouldn't. I just wouldn't. I'd refuse to do it. If Butch is retained, they can shove the whole deal wherever is most uncomfortable to them.

That being said, I don't think there's any chance whatsoever he's retained.

HongKongPhooey and spurgeon like this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

8-4 is not happening, 7-5 most likely won't happen, not worried about him being here next year, just want this season to end and him gone.

18. I can’t imagine it happening either. But the fact that someone out there with even marginal credibility is suggesting it is going to give me an aneurysm.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sometimes I get nervous thinking of all these things. Then I sit down. Take a deep breath and...

Woosahhh
    Woosahhh
    Woosahhh

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d never attempt a shot other than a dunk if I was 6’7”