which fanbase is in more denial....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

A) Penn State- on JoePa still being lilywhite innocent.

Or

B) Tennessee- on [ddiapos] being anything more than a phony whose sole redeeming quality is his last name.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Penn State, at least our coach hasn't been involved in child molestation.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As a whole?

Tennessee. More and more Penn State fans are beginning to accept JoePa may have (does have) some skeletons in his closet. They may not like it (and that's fair), but they are beginning to accept it. It's just the JoePa backers are 1,000 times louder.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I dunno, look at what happened with Penn State's donations:

Penn State's 2011 donations second highest ever - NCAA Football - SI.com

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tennessee has just been committing crimes against the sport of football under Dooley. JoePa over saw a program that let children be abused for years and ruined the lives of a lot of kids.

6. CardinalVol

That may be just the tip of the iceberg.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I know nobody here is comparing the 2 situations, but I'd rather have our problem 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 * 10^99 times than what they're facing up there.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If something like Penn State's problem happened at UT, I would want the coach's statue unceremoniously ripped out of the ground the next day. I would want those locker rooms/showers/coach's offices or anywhere where anything occurred utterly destroyed and rebuilt. I would want vast and public apologies and amends made by the institution in the form of donations to victim charities and the funding of relevant programs. If a cover-up of the magnitude that apparently occurred at Penn State occurred, I would call for a suspension of the football program for 1 year and publicly admonish anyone who dissented (although I doubt that would happen).

The callousness and casualness that some have in their reactions to that horror is nothing short of evil.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't even think Dooley's last name is that impressive. His dad can thank Herschel Walker for his fame.

But yes, Penn State is definitely worse.

10. Very, very few UT fans have faith in Dooley. That said, we have a lot of fans who follow the recruitment of attention whore boys like 1950's housewives and soap operas, and I cannot imagine any fanbase outdoing us on that, so I'll go with UT.

11. CardinalVol

I'll put it like this.

Remember how Tennessee fans stood up for pearl in that debacle.

I cannot begin to fathom what it would be like for a football coach with the success of Joe Pa here regardless of situation.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be uglier than hell.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would be awful.

Instead of "It was just a BBQ" it would be "It was just a little rape"

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Like most of you, I would take losing football over this any day. The people who are still supporting Joe Pa are big ass clowns.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

This is a million orders of magnitude worse. Why even bring up Pearl-B-Q?

16. CardinalVol

Because I'm convinced there are many in our fanbase that would gloss right over it because of success and care more about the program than anything else.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"It was just the tip."

"Boys are tough. They bounce back."

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very sweet signature, btw. I'm jealous he never talks about my profession.

19. CardinalVol

Thank you. It was too good not to use.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

maybe but i hardly think people's reaction to something like Pearl-B-Q is relevant. it's impossible to use that as a barometer of how people would react. it's so trivial compared to this.