Which possibility would be the most likely to lead to a UT victory? (anonymous poll)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 19, 2023.

?

Which possibility would be the most likely to lead to a UT victory?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2023.
  1. Milton plays all meaningful minutes

23 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. Milton is benched before the end of the game

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Milton is injured and replaced

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Offensive strategy has single digit pass attempts, with many QB runs and wildcat snaps

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This poll is anonymous, please be honest. This is for diagnostic purposes.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You don't want to throw Nico to the Bama crown his first time out. And if Milton hits a ball early, he will keep his head in the game, and that is all we will need.

tvolsfan and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Use Milton like Urban used Tebow in 2006

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not me, but a guy I know voted for the first option but he, not me, reserves the right to be screaming for Nico the first time Milton does something terrible.

Volsdude, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

In the heat of the moment, I will want Milton's head on a pike, no doubt.

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I know it was dramatic the whole “if we lose in the swamp Milton is dead to me”, but that guy just inspires 0 confidence ever since for me. The locker room loves him apparently and we’re 5-1 so I get that it’s hard to make a change, but he just blows.

justingroves likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You go to war with what you have.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My thoughts on Milton have been submitted.

But if Nico gets a snap this weekend (unless it's some package), that's a very, very bad sign.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that is all I am saying with this poll. If someone is wishing for nico, that is a monkey's paw

10. NorrisAlan

Can we sneak Milton a gummy about an hour before the game? I think it would help him tremendously.

VolDad likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I know a guy.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He'd probably break his leg trying to make it to the locker room.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. Volsdude

I don’t understand why Nico playing would mean the sky was falling. He’s a 5 star freshman being paid 8 mil a year. If he’s what he’s cracked up to be, it’s useless to redshirt him. I don’t care that it’s aLaBAma. That stadium is full of yankee gentry carpetbaggers. It’s not the swamp. It’s not Death Valley. If he gives you the best chance to win, take it. Nobody owes Milton anything.

Again, I understand our circumstances and it doesn’t feel like we have to make a change so whatever. But if he actually does give us a better chance, I hope this staff actually has the huevos to put him in.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If I posted a tweet right now from Hubbs that said that Heupel has named Nico the starter for Saturday, you all would be happy.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah yeah yeah I changed the rules by implying that in that scenario Nico had impressed the coaches enough to play.

Here's the deal, our coaches don't *really* know what they have in Nico. They may think they do. But they don't.

There may be some clear things in practice that Milton does better than Nico. Doesn't matter. As Allen Iverson will point out to you.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just pick the 3rd option then, if that is what you think.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I promise you that Heupel is playing who he thinks gives him the best chance to win.

IP and Volsdude like this.
  18. Volsdude

That’s great but also sucks that Nico is not better than what we’re seeing from Joe

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t know what the deal is, I’ve seen Nico throw about 4 passes. I do know this isn’t a Butch Jones burying Dobbs scenario. Josh Heupel knows about QBs and he isn’t an idiot.

20. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

I’m predicting we will see the 2022 HH offense in Tuscaloosa.
    But not by the Vols.