Who Are We and Where Are We Going

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by PilotFlyingJ, Sep 18, 2022.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If he loses to Florida, beats LSU, and gets one of Bama or UGA then what? This offense isn't a one size beats all. Last year is proof enough of that. We scored 13 on an awful Florida team and went toe to toe with Alabama for 3 q's, beat a 10 win Kentucky team, and damn near beat ACC champs Pitt and Ole Miss' best team ever. Its just one game. One data point.

IP likes this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We gonna beat their azzes

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think the Pitt win was a bigger thing for the team/program than any of us realize.

Volokie, IP, Memtownvol and 2 others like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was an ugly rock fight, which are games this offense isn't supposed to win. It was a good confidence boost

zehr27 likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’m not really big on “this one game will tell us if we’ve got x or y” but it’s a data point one way or the other

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I'm not either but I think more than that it's just a huge opportunity for the program. As of right now we don't know how good Florida is and frankly it doesn't matter all that much. Gameday in town and Neyland will be raucous. I know gameday came in 2016 and that was a great game, and there have been a couple others in the past decade. But on the whole, Tennessee has been irrelevant to the national conversation for almost 15 years. Current recruits have no memory of Tennessee being relevant or the class of the SEC. I think it would be hard to explain to an average joe sidewalk fan why this is so much different than 2016 Florida, but it absolutely is.

7. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think if we win this game it'll prove a lean towards a mental maturity that Hueple is trying to install, that previous history is irrelevant and it'll show 4th quarter fight putting the game in it's grave we haven't enjoyed in Neyland in some time.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've seen projections for the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl now. So maybe that is Where We Are Going.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Assume UGA and Alabama are playoff teams, it's either Tennessee or Arkansas for the Sugar

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am back from the future. I have learned a few things about who we are and where we are going.

thagodfather and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What if.....he beats all of them?

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I did not know this offense was what it is back then.

13. CardinalVol

Call me Nostracard.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I prefer Nostradumbass.

VOLinDAWGland and warhammer like this.
  15. CardinalVol

Great name for you. Honestly.