Why We'll Suck Again - 2022 Edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 10, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Guess it depends on how many field goals

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Listen I'm right there with you, that's the last time I actually bought tickets for the game

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The “he regressed at UCF” thing is overblown. He inherited an undefeated team. There was nowhere to go but down. They’re not Alabama. They can’t recruit at a level that supports 12-0 being a reasonable expectation every year.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

LSU is on the road and upgraded their coach. Florida always beats us and upgraded their coach. Both always have a ton of talent.

Lose those two and Bama/Georgia and we need perfection in the other games just to hit eight wins.

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This team is not responsible for 30 years of futility in the Florida series.

Volokie and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't they send a bunch of guys to the pros too? Not going to be reloading from the bench off a breakthrough at ucf

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, but their hands per player average increased so maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I believe he also had some key players out.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't say Napier is an upgrade to Mullen

Kelly is going to have a rough time at LSU

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Kelly is such a misfit at LSU

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Perhaps I should've said Banks defense underwhelms....maybe???

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

At this point I think it’s certainly possible Napier could be an upgrade over Mullen. Maybe even a big upgrade. Mullen is really good at coaching up an offense and squeezing a lot of production out of what he’s got. He’s bad, like real bad, at basically everything else.

Volokie likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Napier is a good coach but he has an uphill battle to get Florida back to a top program. Their NIL is a disaster and Miami having Cristobal and a strong NIL to work with makes his job very difficult. LSU would have been a better fit for him.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Recruiting he almost certainly is. Game coaching probably not. I just have the memory in my head of Mullen in October after he’d lost the team, but they were still pretty much getting the most out of their talent when they played us.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update on Cornbread -

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Florida fans have become the worst in sports. They no longer show up to games and are merciless towards any coach that doesn't have them immediately competing for Nattys.

HCKevinSteele, Volokie and zehr27 like this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We may lose, but I don't think we will suck.
    The multiple losses to Vandy nearly broke me. That is a level of suck that I will find hard to endure at my advanced age.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

1,7,8 are troubling. Especially 8

20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

What worries me is so was Joe.