Wireless Speakers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Anybody have them? I'm thinking they would be life-changingly awesome to have. Funk a bunch of cords.

Any info on which brands are the t i t s would be appreciated.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't have any that connect to a receiver. I have the Bose Bluetooth that does a great job in a single room.

3. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

we've got a logitech bluetooth speaker and it's awesome for single rooms as well.

4. kidbourbon

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I have a Harman Kardon wireless home theatre system. I've never owned any other one so I can't really compare it to anything but it's pretty awesome. It came with the soundbar, which I don't really like, and a subwoofer. I added two HK Onyx wireless speakers that I mounted in the corners to get the 3D sound.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sonos is pretty amazing. I have some friends that have it and it's great. I've never been willing to pull the trigger because of the cost though

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My dad's Bose home theatre is the best I've ever heard but the price something stupid and I wouldn't spend that even if I could afford it. I dont think its wireless though.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do not, but if you ever end up building a house you'd be nuts not to get it pre-wired for all kinds of speakers.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you can get them reasonably. I have the single box tv system and it works well in just my bedroom. No big bass, but enough to make it work.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Klipsch are the t i t s

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What's your price range?

I have this and it's awesome: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400266107&sr=1-2
    A buddy of mine has this and it's pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Portable-...400266440&sr=8-1&keywords=jbl+charge+speakers
    The Beats pill is garbage.

Those are the only three I have experience with.

12. technovol

technovol New Member

Speakers are the last thing you want to be wireless. Man up and snake some cables

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

For house speakers, yes. I like the wireless speakers to bring when I go on the road to have in the hotel or bring to the beach.

14. kidbourbon

Well, no, I do want them to be wireless. That's why I started the thread.

15. kidbourbon

Also, elaborate on this from a technical perspective because I'm not sure I'm buying it. Aren't radios just wireless speakers?

16. kidbourbon

I agree.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't get it either. i have friends with them and i've never noticed any lack of sound quality, but i'm not expert.