Workshopping a Hot Take

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Sep 4, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm looking at this more as for the next guy unless he wins 7 or 8 this year

A-Smith likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Pruitt some how pulls a Florida win out of his ass it will make Georgia St all but disappear.

But that is looking like a big if.

justingroves and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

well no matter what he can't lose 7 games.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beating an overrated Florida team isn't going to erase the worst loss in program history. Maybe a win against an undefeated UGA team, but not beating a Florida team led by Franks.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fellows, if we're ordering up dreams from the menu, I'll take a drubbing of bammer to cure all ills. Don't care about bowls, don't care about Florida, and don't care about any team in GA if he pulls that off.

6. NorrisAlan

I don't know. Beating Florida, no matter what the situation of both teams, is always a good salve.

Memtownvol, Ssmiff and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will be the 3rd win in the swamp this century, I'll take it

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    PilotFlyingJ and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A win there is a start, but he'll have to keep winning. USCe, Mizzou and Vandy are must wins too

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

kmf600 and Tenacious D like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

7 wins is still in table, assuming we dont forget how to play again.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou just got beat by Wyoming, South Carolina has lost Bentley and Vandy is going to ride as far as Keyshawn will carry them. MSU looked pretty bad too.

Assuming GSU isn't the norm, which is a big assumption, Tennessee can still have a decent season.

I was looking at other teams that had a terrible loss to start the season, Appy State Michigan still won 9, Leach lost to Portland State and won 9 in 2015, Orgeron lost to Troy in 2017 and won either 8 or 9 and Mullen lost to South Alabama at MSU and managed 6 wins.

A lot rides on curb stomping the Mormons Saturday

A-Smith likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Jesus. SEC sucks ass.

In fact, all of college football sucks ass. Where have all the good coaches gone?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This will either get Pruitt cleaning house and scrape out a decent season or get Pruitt fired. There's no in-between.

He needed to boot the dead weight a while ago, but he also had to have enough bodies to run a practice. It's a fine line to walk. The GSU game gets him into "[uck fay] you losers" mode a little more quickly.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TCU, Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson.

Then you've got guys like Jimbo who suck at actually coaching but out talent teams.

Then you've got the Dino Babers and Mike Leaches that put up a lot of points and beat shit teams but win nothing of significance.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll add guys like Cutcliffe and Clawson that are in perfect spots to do what they do.

Then Orgeron, who's not a good coach but is a guy you really want to see win

16. NorrisAlan

Has it always been this way and I just never noticed? It seems like there are very few good, fundamental football coaches these days.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People would rather see points scored than fundamentally sound football.

18. NorrisAlan

Then people are stupid.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's true. Look at how many people [itch bay]ed about Bama/LSU that ended so low scoring. That was two great defensive teams in a near stalemate.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I keep thinking it will blow up at some point but I'm not fully convinced Orgeron isn't a very good coach (in the same way that Dabo is).