World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Added to that I'd say that France nullifies their midfield advantage with Pogba, Kante, and Tolisso.

2. I’m pretty much with you that this is the same old England, just with a ridiculously easy draw. However, they definitely didn’t start Ashley Cole.

tvolsfan likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Young. Sorry.

4. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Subbing Rashford in for Sterling was a monumental mistake that nullified England's attack. In Rashford's defense he was shoehorned on the right side where it's been long established at the club level that he shouldn't play but all he did was try to run by defenders and promptly lose the ball.

5. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I hate that such a seemingly insignificant and inadvertent action will likely decide the match. I'd appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could convince me I'm wrong to think that way.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ugh. Croatia controls the run of play, France gets every break on the scoreboard.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Let down. Good Cup for entertainment, but the results have mostly sucked.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the plus side, it feels like '98.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'd like to ask a question, and it's a serious question. Did the Croatian goalie just watch the ball go by twice, then fall over after the ball was in the goal? I've never stood in a goal and someone kick a ball at me, so naturally it looks easy to me.
    Another question, if I wanted to, could I just kick the ball right into everyone's face, so they'd be scared I'm going to kick it in their face again and they'd close their eyes?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He injured his hamstring in the prior game (or two games prior) and has looked limited ever since. There's no changing directions for him after that

kmf600 likes this.
  11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The French talent pool that they can pull from over the next 4-8 years is ridiculous.
    Mbappe
    Griezmann
    Koman
    Martial
    Lacazette
    Dembele
    Pogba
    Rabiot
    Kante
    Lemar
    Bakayoko
    Kondogbia
    Sidibe
    Umtiti
    Mendy
    Zouma
    Digne
    Varane

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

And Tolisso among others.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And watch them pull in Zidane.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I believe the goalies view may have been blocked on one shot and was leaning the other direction on the other.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Deschamps saved his job today. Good confidence boost for our youngsters in that they took body blows from this team and held up pretty well. Not saying we're gonna win the world cup in 2022 but it's not a bad thing for the likes of Adams' and Steffens chances of landing with European teams and for the likes of Carter-Vickers, Robinson, Weah, and Parks to get more consistent game time.

The 23 for 2022 has the potential to really surprise people, but it's imperative that they're playing in Europe by that point, IMO.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kondogbia lol

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Haha. Was actually a hell of a chip over the extended keeper, too!