Worley is done

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 4, 2014.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I hate excuses and Worley is far from a great QB, but he handled a tough situation with class. He was thrust into the Alabama and USCe games by ddiapos. And, he made some game efforts this year while running for his life. I will critique Butch for playing Worley in an offense not designed for him, but that is not Worley's fault. He could have gone mid-major and potentially had some fun. But, he gave Rocky Top a shot at a tough time. I wish him the best.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Dobbs does not have the option to be hurt this year or next. He can play in a wheelchair as far as I am concerned...and that is a compliment.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's not very good at football, but I guess at the end of the day that's his parent's fault.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You have a way with words.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Preesh

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Shallow gene pool

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

worley gave all he had. i respect that.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I do too.

I've been one of his harshest critics, but I'll admit that I was in the wrong by being so critical of him. In hindsight, the blame for this season's disappointments doesn't ultimately fall on his head.

9. MWR

MWR Contributor

And his football career is most likely over.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He got about all he could get out of his ability. As far as a player goes thats about all you can ask for.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

which one?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Clever.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

We've all been critical of him.

Down the road, I'll remember him not just as a tackle dummy but a damn tough tackle dummy.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Chris Simms v2.

Got the #(*& beat out of him early in the season but paved the way for a young star to take over in the relatively easy last stretch of the season to close out and finish up with a bowl game. Bray played well in 2010 but would have been eaten alive earlier in the season.