worley isn't the answer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Stone was holding the ball wrong last year.

6054899.jpg

That had to be changed. My guess is they thought they might as well go ahead and switch hands if they were going to make a change that drastic. It sure as hell hasn't worked, though.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe it was a personnel issue, but I've heard Wilcox specifically say that this year would be different because he now has the players he needs. I think our linebackers are athletic enough to stop South Carolina's ninth string tailback from running the same play over and over or Connor Shaw running free like Cam Newton.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

that's the way they coached him to snap it

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Worley shouldn't have been needed to win the game. Chaney needs to realize what players he has and call plays for them.

i.e. running tosses with our slow RB. Not calling quick passes for a freshman QB. Pulling guards at the 2 yard line when SC has 10 stacking the line. Chaney isn't helping anything.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

He looked like a freshman playing against a quality defense. I hope we stick with him for MTSU/Arky. Worley's mistakes were very bad, but Simms was Simms once he got in.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know why we are complaining about a defense that surrendered exactly 2 scores and created a turnover that gave us the ball at the 3. Basically, they gave up a net-touchdown.

Sounds like they did their job.

Our offense has been killing our defense all year.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They did well enough to win, which against an offense that shitty, isn't all that well.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

When our defense and special teams give our offense the ball in the redzone going in 3 times and we can only manage 3 points, something is terribly wrong, at the very least we should manage 9 points there which still wouldnt have won the game, but it would have changed a lot as far as MO and our confidence during the rest of the game.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It isn't the way they have coached him this year, right handed.

420110917174024002_t607.JPG

At any rate, if that is true, then it again goes back to the point.

Stone has potential. Let's try him at center. He can't snap, so let's give him a weird technique. That's a problem, let's change hands. Doesn't work, move him to guard. We lost, try somebody else.

That's guessing, not coaching.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Now that the booze is out of my system and i've had some time to think about it Worley performed about as well as a true freshman called up to play could. could he have played better? Absolutely, but there were a couple of situations where the receivers could have stepped up and made the play. He obviously is not like Bray in the sense that he was nervous. You could tell the game was moving pretty fast for him. South Carolina was getting pressure most of the night too. Someone said that Dooley hit the panic button and pulled him, which on one hand I think is true but another part of me thinks Dooley was trying to do anything he could to spark the offense and felt as though Worley simply didn't have the confidence at that point.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Midway through the third Worley was totally lost and scared to death. I rarely agree with commentators, but the ESPN pointed out it was in an effort to not completely lose Dooley's true freshmen qb and I think that was spot on. I think there was a very good chance that leaving Worley in would have done far more damage than leaving him in.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I still think you keep rolling out Worley.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You have to keep rolling Worley out there.

You go back to Simms, you're panicking.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, one will at least be a potential starter down the road where this experience will matter. The other is on his last year of eligibility.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Worley gets the start against MTSU, then yes, that seems like panic.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

?Did you mean the opposite?

17. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

No one postion or player is going to win us games. No coach can take raw players who might not be good enough for any sec team and make them sec champs. Its way to early to start wanting a new coach, coaching staff, and wishing for some miracle to just appear isnt going to happen either. we are what we are, and we will be tougher because of it.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ive been critical of Chaney going back to last year.....this isnt a knee jerk reaction from me, I just think the guy is a terrible play caller.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Who thought Worley was the answer? I mean really?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bearcat has been [itch bay]ing about Chaney since Kiffin was here. That's his consistent and well-defended opinion.