Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 20, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ha. Maybe. I still remember how great we felt about our team around this time in 2009. After October we were so beat up we were lucky to get anymore wins at all. That's still a worry for me with this very thin roster.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

His step up in the pocket on the one deep throw, while a standard play, made me smile. We haven't always see. That timing/awareness.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Knock on wood, Tennessee isn't down to their 4th string MLB.

What they've gotten out of this roster is good stuff. The talent coming in for 2014 and what's already committed for 2015 is head and shoulders above what he's working with now (the exception being the ol). Butch is building something here and yesterday was a sign of it.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Worley has come a long way. He's still just slightly above average for SEC play, but if he just manages the game and doesn't turn it over, we can win games with him as we did yesterday and almost did two weeks ago.

Couldn't say that as we started the season. Now, of course, it helps when your defense gets pressure on the QB and you can run between the tackles. Two things we also weren't doing to start the season.

Field position has also been key. Palardy has been a game changer...

5. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I laughed at this.

I hope this is enough of a confidence boost for him to keep playing at a higher level (for him at least). I would love to see a few more shots to North deep where its all on him to go up and make a play.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hammer time pregame vs Bama

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dobbs is the future but not as prepared. They don't want to run him off by playing a less talented guy (Furg) just because he knows more about the offense right now.