Worst Jobs Plan Ever

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. He is as ignorant as his racist father.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is apparently retarded as well. I mean, seriously. I think he must have some sort of brain dysfunction to say this 2nd grader-logic idea out loud.

4. volinbham

volinbham Member

It does point out the absurdity of the Stimulus. This is dumb but would be more effective than doling out $$$$ to your buddies to funnel into the economy.

5. volinbham

volinbham Member

The "extra-Constitutional" part is great too.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My first thought exactly. "Mommy why don't we just hire all the unemployed people?"

7. volinbham

volinbham Member

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't create a job for a market that isn't viable yet. Pretty obvious.

That being said, "get government out of the way" with the assumption that on it's own a capitalist economy will grow forever and ever is equally naive.

9. volinbham

volinbham Member

Sure but the model that works best is basic research funding for Nat. Labs and universities and private funding for commercialization (maybe with some state or local funds thrown in). It's nuts for the Fed govt to be in the funding of post-start up individual companies; particularly with debt financing. Absolute nuts.

You want to move more stuff out of the labs you build it into the grant funding and ease licensing/intellectual property negotiations.

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

The more I look at this jobs plan the worse it looks. It was definitely a "mail it in" effort.

Whenever Rs suggest cutting corp. taxes the answer is that taxes aren't holding back hiring - if they need people they'll hire them. Interesting then that this jobs plan is loaded with short-term tax incentives to hire workers! It's so contradictory. The firefighters, police, school teachers is redux of the first stimulus and if that had worked would we need to do it again? I like the payroll tax cut but that's because it makes my check bigger...