WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Jun 9, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

August 27th.

I assume everyone will be signing on at midnight, and level 20 by Tuesday?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

When is the black tar heroin reboot coming?

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

Bold to assume the servers will be playable that soon

JudgmentVol likes this.
  4. fl0at_

Already doing beta and stress testing.

Allowing character creation on the 13th.

It'll be more than ready from first launch, and first launch was fine.

5. fl0at_

There are a lot of people that didn't play classic, that are about to get an ass whipping.

And I plan on ganking them like it was a job.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I enjoyed reading all the bug reports the younger audience submitted that weren't bugs at all, but the mechanics of the game back then. I'm looking forward to the eventual Vanilla BC.

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is amusing to picture, you pwning noobs on WoW from your underground bunker.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's amazing how much games have been simplified and watered down.

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

fl0at_ likes this.
  10. fl0at_

And I'm bringing her back.

11. fl0at_

I won't be alone. Most people under the age of 35 will rage quit from all the griefing.

WoW in the early days was brutal.

I hope it doesn't fizzle out, because even screwing with RP folks on maintenance days was fun.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

13. fl0at_

That is one tough badass.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Float, are you in the Ooga Gang on beta?

I will be playing and am terribly excited about the game being good again. I played on private servers for a while, but never could get past 25 or so because I knew the server was probably going to disappear at any moment because the owners decided to take off with all the cash.

15. fl0at_

I'm not in beta. I'm not even sure that Blizzard would give me an invite... I once was banned.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

story?

17. fl0at_

I hated TBC and the millions of XP I had to get to level. My guild was decimated due to bans, and I was running solo. I think I made it 2 levels into TBC, before I started over.

But I was sick of grinding too. My guild was a PvP guild on a PvP server. We PvP'd. That was all we did.

So we had a bunch of characters at 19, 29, 39... etc.

But I didn't want to do that anymore, so I bought another game and expansion, and bought game time cards from target, and started botting.

I botted an account to 70, but was still guildless, and didn't like raiding.

So I set up another subscription... and botted another account to 70. Except around mid-50s, Blizzard pushed out an update to Warden in a patch, but didn't send it live.

So rather than catch a few botted accounts, that would then blow the whistle that the patch was dangerous, they turned it on weeks later.

And banned... everyone. It was a massive bot purge.

Then they sued MDY over Glider, and eventually won. And I'm not sure if they got credit card / PayPal records from that suit or not.

But, just in case, my main account is laying low until release, when I'll renew the subscription.

I was ok at Catalyst, because I executed a character transfer and dumped my main god knows where, and then never played.

But Battle.net linked two accounts together that I thought were separate, so we'll see.

I'll be playing WoW. Just not sure if it'll be on the wife's credit card yet.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Man, TBC leveling was a breeze compared to Vanilla. I remember my friends and I were level 63 or so and I had a startling revelation and asked my friends: "Uh, have you had to grind on mobs at all?"

"Uuh...no. Wow."

Questing got you to 70 and in a damn hurry and it has been that way ever since.

I loved TBC and Wrath, but Wrath introduced a lot of things that started making the game lose a lot of its RPG elements. And Cataclysm took it and ran away with it. Pandaria was the only good expansion (imho) after Wrath, and I absolutely loved it. WoD drove me from the game and I haven't been back save for one month of Legion time in which I didn't even get to max level on my character and logged out, never to log back in again.

But you sound like you hate the gear/level treadmill, and I can understand that.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never seriously played an MMO and yet I find the culture and sagas from the genre really fascinating.

20. fl0at_

I learned the questing, oddly enough, from botting. I wasn't leveling as fast as I thought I should be, so I bought Brian Knopp's leveling guide, and by the time I got one of my bots to TBC, I was so used to following the guide, I was able to breeze my main through fairly quickly.

But raiding still didn't interest me.

I haven't done a single instance that's above level 50.

I think Zul'Farrak is as high as I've done.

I like the game up to level 40. Then I don't like it as much.