WR depth

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 29, 2017.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

And? I remember when everyone roasted Indy for making this same argument. I'd be more than happy to have this conversation again at the end of the year. If Jennings blows up I'll happily eat crow.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If they'd just kept Dooley, he'd just now have the depth to compete for SEC East titles.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings was better than any Auburn receiver last year. He wouldn't be 3rd at Auburn today

4. RockyHill

He is not more talented than Nate Craig-Myers or Kyle Davis.

Honest question. Is Jennings not kinda slow? I thought that and watched his highlights today and still think that. Maybe he can run a 4.5, but he is not fast on the field. Jennings is the man now and Malone isn't making space as a vertical threat now. Is he a bad mf'er that catches everything near him? Absolutely.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He would be a lot faster if he was at Auburn

6. RockyHill

Don't be an asshole. Am I right or wrong?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's a hell of a football player. Seems like that matters more than his 40 time

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wrong

9. RockyHill

I don't care about his 40 time. I care that he doesn't appear to be particularly quick or fast on the field, and that might matter more now that he's the #1 guy.

10. RockyHill

Really? It doesn't seem like a hard thing to see.

Maybe it won't matter and I'm wrong for thinking it might and if so I'll own that.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd say you're wrong.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lucas Taylor was a 1,000 yard receiver here in 2007. He wasn't particularly fast or quick

13. RockyHill

If Cut walks through the doors to be the OC I'll change my tune.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But he is fast and quick on the field.

15. RockyHill

I don't know how you watch the film and see that. I think he's pretty crafty in getting open and in the open field though.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Jennings - walk on at Auburn, plain and simple.

17. RockyHill

I don't mind the needling, I really don't. I even ask for it sometimes and I know that, it's all in good fun. It does get old though when I get entirely unserious responses to posts where I'm not trolling or even throwing out real hot takes.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Most of the recruiting guys said he would have been a five star had he not insisted on being a QB. He got rated as a four star QB despite being a pretty weak passer.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know that he has the type of speed to fool people into drafting him way higher than his production in college warranted, e.g. Josh Malone, but he burned a second round CB pick last year. The defense was begging for him to flip sides. I don't know how many yards and TDs he'll have in 2017, but Jennings's ability isn't something I'd worry about holding him back.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I get what he's saying though. I mean, look at what happened to the Cardinals when they drafted Larry Fitzgerald. His lack of speed kept him from amounting to anything.