Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Will there be a copycat now that the names have been released? Do they now have fame?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They waited awhile, and like I said this doesn't quite fit the mold of other mass shootings. The lone gunmen ones.

If I posted articles or papers on this, would you be interested? I am not just inventing this.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So if they wait a few days there is less chance of a copycat? Do we really have enough data to say with certainty this is true? I'm all for it if it's proven to work, anything to cut down these things from happening.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We know there are copycats when they post the name and face of the shooter and tell you their little story, ya.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So delaying it prevents this or not putting it out there at all?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't copy what you don't relate to, and it takes away the incentive of getting a moment in the national spotlight personally.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can see that. I do wonder if not reporting on it can be worse sometimes as rumors can swirl out of control. I don't think there is a good way to exactly go about these things when they happen. Obviously the most focus should be on early prevention.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could see that too, with rumors

zehr27 likes this.