Your Officially Official season prediction thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 30, 2018.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If I'm Pruitt, first chance I get I'm addressing the team with an all hands call-

1. If you're anything but 100% invested in this team and what we're doing moving forward leave now. There's the door....
    2. If you like playing D1 football in Knoxville you better start putting out. You're all playing for a scholarship next year and as of right now most of you will not have one.
    3. You're not giving your best effort nor are you playing as a cohesive unit. If you're not giving your best you will be benched....and see #2.
    4. It's going to get worse before it gets better and we're going to find out what you're really made of over the next three games.

woodshed likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt has told the players and their parents this would be the worst team he would ever field

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not just effort, it is focus. They have to be mindful on each play as to what is happening.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The defensive lineman is running past me. I am turning. The running back is falling down. Zen.

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Well then he certainly can expect 3-9 on the year and still no be a liar if he never gets over .500.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the linemen standing by watching a linebacker cross in front of him and tackle the RB is exactly what I am talking about. X's and o's wise, maybe he got his guy already, shedded him to the inside and out of the play, and is thinking the lb isn't his guy. But he sure looks like a dumb ass on a losing team to everyone else.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's hard to imagine recruits signing up with a 3-9 team. I really, really thought that this game was important for our future just from a recruiting standpoint. It seems like we represented ourselves about as badly as possible.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah we're going to have to show substantial improvement.

What I saw on Saturday was a poorly coached team. It wasn't inspired, it made countless mental mistakes and it was weak. Overall... it was weak. If my entire career comes down to that choice and I'm completely impartial to team affiliation... I'm not choosing UT over Ohio State (Wright), Auburn/UGA (Pappoe) or Clemson (Crouch).

justingroves and IP like this.
  9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Well, UT can do well recruiting if it's 3-9 but has some excellent bagmen.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a huge cluster [uck fay] at the worst possible time. I don't think he's dead yet, but he made his job a hell of a lot harder by shitting the bed here.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes going to have to sell. Be straight. 6-7 players cost us 35 pts due to mistakes. Come replace them. Screw it. Wright, you are are LT with an nfl guard next to you next year. Wayna, Richmond is soft. You aren't. Come be my RT. Block for TY, Banks, Shrout and Maurer.

12. Ssmiff

TE misses block, turnover
    TE misses 4th down catch, turnover
    TE drops td for touchback, turnover
    Center snaps low, turnover
    KR makes bad decision, turnover

pruitt has already told the recruits this year would suck. Problem is the upcoming 2 weeks wont look good either. We need to somehow find a way to look decent, with players who get their mom out of the stands to leave.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

3 yards and a cloud of dust?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's a good sales pitch. IMO if we keep Wanya, we stand a good chance at Wright. Wright is apparently on board with a rebuild and Wanya posted directly after the Florida game that he can't wait to get on campus.

Also, I don't know that the staff would potentially cause issues down the road and move Smith inside. Dude is an NFL OL, regardless of OT or OG. If he's down for moving inside to OG, it's fine but if it breaks promises or gives the impression that player's NFL futures are put at risk simply to make room for recruiting promises... that's shooting themselves in the foot.

And, yes, the best college coaches will always position their players for success in the NFL because for most players, that is what recruiting boils down to.

16. Ssmiff

After seeing Trey struggle with pass blocking at tackle, I think his future is guard. Plus he plays differently there. Not worried about the edge i guess.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trey knows where he's going to make his money

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

He's just getting back in after missing all of summer. It's not surprising that he's more comfortable at OG now than OT.

It's rare that OGs are 1st Rounders, if that's what you're implying. There have been only 4 in the last 5 years compared to 17 for OTs.

But if he's limited in athleticism to not play OT at that level, yeah, he's better of moving inside to OG.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm saying he's aware he's going to be an NFL guard

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Well if that's the case move him inside and put a big damned "FOR SALE" sign on the LT and RT spots.