Your top 10

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by chef65, Nov 16, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I and II are just that bad IMO. Not because VII and IX are great, just that the other two are that bad.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reason I give IX slack is because they had to fix what VIII caused and did it in the only way possible that they could. If you wanted to erase those three movies from existence and start over I'd be fine with that.

(Although Kylo Ren finding the "super sith" concept would have been cool.)

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i would’ve rather they make up a totally new bad guy out of nowhere, which would’ve also been stupid, than completely invalidate the OT

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Quite a few Star Trek movies, actually. More than Star Wars movies.

1. Wrath of Khan
    2. First Contact
    3. Generations
    4. Undiscovered Country
    5. The Voyage Home
    6. Search for Spock
    7. The Movie
    8. Insurrection
    9. Nemesis
    10. Star Trek (2009 'reboot')

The worst of all of them was V, The Final Frontier. I almost walked out of the theater for that one. I have not seen the next 2 JJ Abrahms ones, I don't think, so cannot rank them.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Swap generations and Undiscovered Country, and I agree. There is no need for you to watch the last two JJ Abrams movies. They will be at the bottom.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

1. NE IPA
    2. IPA
    3. Pale Ale
    4. American Style Sours
    5. Porter
    6. Pils
    7. Lager
    8. Brown Ale
    9. Stouts
    10. Coors Light

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. Woodford Reserve
    2. Eagle Rare
    3. Baker's
    4. HillRock
    5. Jefferson's
    6. High West
    7. J. R. Ewing
    8. Basil Hayden
    9. 1792
    10. Maker's

I omitted Pappy because of the price. I'm also open to recommendations.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I thought VII was decent. Crashed and burned from there.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Terrible.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Makes me bloated reading it

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s what the Coors Light is for.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beer is for the same people that like to shove stuff in their [penis] hole.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you mean to post this at 3 am? This is 3 am material

10SEvols likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beer sucks at any time of day.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not the kind of attitude that builds great pyramids

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not gonna lie, I've drank too much to figure out what the [uck fay] you're talking about here.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

In ancient Egypt, farmers were paid in beer during the flood season to work on the pyramids until the waters receded.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. chef65

chef65 Contributor

And the pyramids had a shiny layer of soft rock that gave a lustrous look. Erosion gives us a false impression of what was intended.

20. chef65

chef65 Contributor

The Zoo

Apparently the only way to view the cotton-topped tamarins is to not have a di€k. That’s right, the zoo wanted the award for best bathroom so badly they put one of the most interesting and rarely seen species of primate in the women’s room. I decided to risk a permanent branding as a sex offender and went in anyway. I guess I survived but we’ll see. The men’s room had a big snake so I avoided it lest I feel inadequate.

The clouded leopard threw up and looked generally agitated. That’s one of the few exhibits here that doesn’t seem to meet basic needs. Usually they pace.

The Andean bear and Sumatran tiger exhibits are state of the art. I saw the tiger sleeping against the glass before waking up, yawning, and grooming. That was worth the price of admission even with the gender discrimination.

White rhinos have replaced elephants. I think the male was the largest specimen I’ve ever seen in person.

Giraffes were off exhibit due to the introduction of a new male to his harem of four. What a lucky bastard.

I got into a spat with the Toco toucan keeper when she denied toucan sexual dimorphism. I eventually wrestled out of her that males are larger. I love it when people assume I know nothing.

All in all it was a good visit but I won’t give them any more money until they deliver on their promise to have giant otters. I’ve been hearing that since about 2007.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021