Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If not for my policy of never betting on UT, I'd mortgage my house & farm to get in on some -18.5 action.

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

It’ll get close to -18.5 by Saturday I think. Opponents that play Bama don’t fair as well the following week and I think the smart money knows that.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think that's an outdated way of thinking. Bama doesn't beat you up like they used to.

4. OneForVol

I’m not sure so sure it’s a physical aspect as it is a mental one.

5. OneForVol

I think our ability to score keeps the line under -20.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

i don’t think we are that good at scoring. Personally I think we suck. Having said that there is this odd element that while sucking we appear to be coached well and have competent strategists. Screw stats. Just the eye test. And our special teams coverage has been Savage. So there is that.

I suppose one of these QBs could make a play or 2 and Velus Jones could make a return or even 2. I just don’t see us sustaining anything. FL has to have an off day and Emery Jones has to play the whole game. That’s just to make it a lesser azz whoopin. I just don’t recall the last time we really upset a much better team. Miami? Would GA ‘07 even count?

I think our offense is too dysfunctional and a flat FL team still covers 30-6. I mean our offense struggled against Cookeville HS.

JayVols likes this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I can pretty much imagine how this game will go but I'm at work and don't have that kind of time

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The Stoerner fumble should’ve itself been payment for the missed illegal kicking a few minutes prior.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Every one must be taking the gators and giving points. It’s down to 14 now.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm not sure it's as black and white as Ebony and Ivory.

JayVols likes this.
  11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Say Say Say, you could be onto something here.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Will be interesting to see what happens.

After the dust has settled I think Milton is the best QB on campus, but it feels like the only way for UT to compete with Fl, they need a mobile QB. The problem is HH might get himself killed in the sec if he doesn’t run smarter and hold on to the damn ball.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

he took a hit no one in their right mind should have accepted taking. nothing to gain, everything to lose. I thought he was concussed at first.

Lexvol likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Watching the hit, Hooker took the worst of it because he kinda froze. I guess the guy was coming in so fast, but HH steps got choppy and he tried to absorb the hit.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, he seemed to let himself get caught between wiggles, not ideal.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton definitely has the most talent but he can't put it together. I like Hooker's willingness to run but he's got to be a lot smarter.

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect an Alabama hangover from Florida and a slow start from them. It would be nice to jump on them and take advantage

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

if there is a logical scenario for an upset, it is jumping up a couple scores early and forcing them out of their comfort zone offensively.

Memtownvol and JayVols like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Either that or Emory Jones does stupid shit like he did the first couple of weeks and gifts Tennessee a few turnovers.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida wants to run the ball a lot. They don't have the receivers they normally do. Their defense is good but Grantham is going to screw up a few times playcalling wise.

Tennessee needs to score a few quick, cause a turnover or two and make Florida uncomfortable, this is as mental as it is physical, Florida doesn't expect to lose

Lexvol, Tar Volon and hohenfelsvol like this.