Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For Tennessee to win, Hooker or Milton will have to run a lot. Convert a few third downs, Grantham is going to get reckless and give up big plays.

You just have to be patient which Tennessee isn't

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't know what data you can gather from prior seasons that will be relevant towards how this defense will play Saturday. I could def be wrong but I think UFs first 10 quarters they played this year are more indicative of who they are than the last 2 quarters.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I see this game being identical to the 2013 game when we should have killed them but lost due to poor QB play squandering many early opportunities.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think this Florida team is 4-8 bad

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't see how saying this game could play out in similar fashion to that 2013 game is implying that Florida is identical to their 2013 product.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee will have two or three chances instead of 3 quarters to win

That 2013 loss still pisses me off

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

First thing we need to do is stay away from whatever defenses Bama was running while giving up 250 on the ground. And mullen with his little 4 wide, motion rb for 5 wide and open up run an athletic qb on an lb with a blocker or slot on an lb or man mismatch left. I dont consider Mullen a genius, because I don't see what he does as complicated. He gets in formations to get matchups and counts on his athletes to make the 1 v 1 plays. Kindof what I hope to see out of JH if we can get a few more players to win those matchups or hit the wr when we do win them.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We will probably stay in a nickel look.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tell Banks to kill Emory Jones every snap

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand why that went away. It's how teams slowed down the old option teams, someone hit the qb every single play

NYY, A-Smith and TDVol1989 like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"But coach, they are punting."

"Did you hear what I said? Kill Jones on every. Single. Snap."

A-Smith likes this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Bama got lackadaisical to the point where they didn't feel confident with any of their calls. From there they just sat back and tried not to lose.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Banks will kill a cop, he's not scared to hit a guy not on the field

A-Smith, Memtownvol and JayVols like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban was pissed after the Miami game because his team got complacent. It looks like he had a point

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I Remember the Time when we could play with Florida, but I'm pretty sure we don't Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' with them just yet. We've just been Bad for a while against ranked teams & running QBs have beaten our defenses like Billie Jean, the red-headed step child. Thinking we have a chance is Dangerous to one's mental well being, imho. Winning big games is simply not our Jam at this point in time. Hate to admit it, but there's no ambiguity as to where our 2 programs are. It's Black or White, and Florida, well, They Just Don't Care About Us.

However, I applaud your optimism, brother. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough. I like The Way You Make Me Feel with your positivity, and I'm sure You Are Not Alone in your thinking. A win Saturday would definitely be a big step that could begin to Heal the World of Tennessee Football. Would be nice if Huepel could tell Swamp conqueror, Casey Clausen, I Want You Back, but he's out of eligibility.

I'm not sure what the spread will be, but if we can't win, maybe we can at least Beat It. That'll be progress. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the players and depth to go into The Swamp and steal a win like a Smooth Criminal. It's Much Too Soon in the never ending rebuild to think that. Florida's not Invincible, but the most likely outcome of the game is not being able to look at The Man in the Mirror the next day after a lopsided ass kicking.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The best medicine for us to get over that is to beat someone of relevance.

17. JayVols

Refs have put skirts on the QBs.

warhammer likes this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is a work of art. Bravo

JayVols likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes well done but back on topic I'd just settle for a Thriller next weekend.

20. JayVols

I put a lot more effort into it than I probably should, but I was feeling it.