Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm looking forward to keep throwing my money at Nintendo every couple of years while they release Mario 2-5, Zelda, Star Fox, etc. Just a lot they can do and I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We need Zelda tomorrow. You can go forever with that storyline.

justingroves likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm torn about Zelda to be honest. The big thing about the whole franchise is Link doesn't speak. I really, really, really want those movies but I'm afraid seeing a Link that does more than grunt will be weird. My absolutely terrible idea would be to make Link a cross between the Arnold in Conan 1 who knew hardly any English and barely speaks and Cavill as Geralt in the Witcher. Would probably be terrible on the big screen but that's essentially Link.

4. CardinalVol

I want to smart aleck from the old short lived cartoon in the early 90s

5. CardinalVol

Not great.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Probably a variant

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Did the Return of the Jedi thing in the theater. Wally enjoyed it,Empire the only one I haven’t seen in the theater so hopefully they do another theater release soon

8. CardinalVol

Guardians vol 3 is really really really good. Was not ready for that emotional roller coaster.

Volsdude, emainvol and justingroves like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just came here to say that I forgot how bad of an actor the Hmong kid is in Gran Torino. He’s so bad there will likely never be another Hmong actor

10. CardinalVol

Looks like we're getting a Thrawn movie as the Mando/Ahaoka merge point. Filoni directing.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cleopatra "documentary" on Netflix is everything wrong with modern cinema. And it is getting completely lambasted from all angles, has a 10%/1% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and Netflix is actually being sued by an Egyptian lawyer over the depiction of Cleopatra.

My wife was just getting ready to watch it when I got home and the first damn lines were "Cleopatra descended from the Macedonians" and "was black". This isn't Hamilton telling the story of Alexander Hamilton as a black man and modern rap. That play didn't try to convince us that in reality Hamilton and Washington were black men. Braveheart was a fictionalized retelling of William Wallace, not a documentary.

This is trying to tell you this is a documentary and is flat out fabricating history. The Egyptian department of antiquities themselves are going "wtf?" (paraphrasing here).

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm really looking forward to this one. The book is outstanding and Scorsese is going full [uck fay]-It-I'm-Old-and-Still-Martin-[dadgum]-Scorsese-So-I'm-Making-A-3 1/2-Hour-Movie.

justingroves likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My wife and son take melatonin.

Seriously though, it looks pretty good. I find I like Scorsese's work, but if it's not a story or topic that's interesting on its own, there's no way I finish it.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what is that awful smell

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My inner 13 year old wants to see The Machine. The 48 year old knows he will be bored and tired of it before it reaches the midpoint.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now do Ancient Aliens. Now do Oak Island. Now do all the BS documentaries on 9/11, vaccines, etc.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[uck fay]ing History Channel. They should be banned from using that name for false advertisement. Them and the Discovery Channel. But, I can't remember a time in the last 10 years in which I was flipping through channels and the History Channel didn't have that [dadgum] aliens show playing. There must be three guys working there, at most.

VolDad likes this.