Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Heaven help the folks who watch that Skinwalker Ranch show, my wife being one of them. It's the show that makes me ask, "How about we watch Oak Island?" I at least find it more interesting.

IP likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Those shows were widely ridiculed for being faux history. So I don't see a whataboutism with Cleopatra.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone was watching it when we were hanging out on vacation with some friends, and I was tearing into it on the EMF/radiation crap. All wrong. Total nonsense.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My wife likes the Oak Island show. I always ask her what’s gonna happen when they find it

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Finally watched Wakanda Forever. It was fine, probably as good as the first one imo.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Anyone see Russell Crow’s new movie The Pope’s Exorcist yet? And if so is it one of those horror movies worth burning a couple hours to see 0r does it flat out suck like most horrors? Russell Crow being in it has me at the least a tad curious about the quality of the movie.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Just finished quantumania, thought it was pretty good too. modok is ridiculous looking but I’ve always thought that

IP, justingroves and Volsdude like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm looking forward to Oppenheimer entirely too much.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Asteroid City: 2/10

Ebert nailed it, Anderson suffers from “terminal whimsy”. He’s so lost in cast, sets and shots that he completely forgets the movie, plot, story, etc. His latest is likely his worst. I’ve lost patience with him.

One critic said it best, “…Anderson has created….his own MCU for fans of farmers’ markets.”

IP and justingroves like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A couple of questions:

1. What is Sound of Freedom?
    2. Why are all of the crazies arguing about it on social media?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Poppa T, Volsdude and utvol0427 like this.
  12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

As I understand it, the film is based on actual events surrounding a federal agent who rescued a brother and sister from human traffickers. The film is apparently well made, but both the federal agent the film is based on and the actor playing him are Q-Anon crazies.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

From what I understand, criticism of him and the group is they embellish what they do, have some shady money practices, and are amateurish, and potentially dangerous, in human trafficking rescue. The "Save the Kids!" emphasis has gotten really weird and conspiracy based recently, to the detriment of real anti-trafficking efforts in many ways.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know that I have ever mentioned that I am a huge Ridley Scott enjoyer, but I really appreciate just about everything he touches. I am very interested in this Napoleon movie. Now, Napoleon was a son of a [itch bay] who betrayed everything he claimed to stand for, but he was a SELF-MADE son of a [itch bay] and fascinating person. Really excited to see Scott's take on it because he is often good at portraying complicated figures like that.

15. CardinalVol

Same here. Looking forward to this one.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I love Ridely Scott and historically based movies, so I'm looking forward to this one, Oppenheimer next week, and Killers of the Flower Moon in October. My only concern about this Napoleon movie is there is a lot of shit, a LOT, in regards to Napoleon's lifetime. Scott's movie is about 2 1/2 hours. I wish it were more like a John Adams series. You could make entire movies about his rise, invasion of Russia, conquering much of Europe, Egypt, Waterloo, probably even his exile. Hell, I'd love to see a movie about him and the Haitian Revolution. I'll still want to watch this movie, though. Scott rarely disappoints.

17. CardinalVol

Rewatched Guardians Vol 3 last night and doubling down that it’s the best MCU movie since Endgame.

Volsdude and justingroves like this.
  18. CardinalVol

andrew Roberts biography of him is my next major book undertaking. Loved his Churchill book.

Unimane likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Having not seen a single MCU movie since Endgame, I have to ask whether that's saying all that much. The movies have been getting atypically balanced to negative press.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I have enjoyed them all well enough. Idk why opinion has turned, other than fatigue

justingroves likes this.