Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Brilliant little piece of advertising

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Saw Oppenheimer, good movie. Nolan has become one of my favorite all time directors. Also on a side note, finally got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 3. The young rocket scenes made my allergies act up slightly. Where do I turn in my man card?

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Same line as Barbie tickets.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Barbie > Oppenheimer

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You get a pass because Margot Robbie is HOT!

Volsdude likes this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Saw Oppenheimer again tonight, this time on IMAX. Just realized today was August 6.

IP likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Weird fact - My dad's birthday is July 16th (date of Trinity), and my birthday is August 6th (date the first bomb dropped).

TennTradition likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Loved Oppenheimer. Entertaining, well told narrative, and the filmmaking was top notch. Loved the way they utilized the music.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Makes a lot of sense.

Indy and TennTradition like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ooh, this looks intriguing. Someone's jimmies will be rustled. Mine? Yours? Whose? I don't know. But it is one to look out for.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is this a Tarantino-esque re-imagining of that time period? I am always confounded by the idea that Mediterranean people were supposed to look like sub-Saharan people. I don't think Jerusalem circa 33AD looked like Wakanda.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Dude couldn't even handle Appolo Creed's kid coming out of retirement. Surely they could come up with a better bad guy.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just watched Sound of Freedom. Don’t really understand how or why this movie became political?

15. NorrisAlan

Baz Lurhmann's Elvis is really good. Just watched the first half of it with my son and was impressed with the story as well as its artistic presentation.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Marvels was not bad. A few rough scenes, but some good fights and some pretty funny moments. Far from the worst in phase 4 or 5.

justingroves likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan