We're Seeing Today What A Joke The UT Fanbase Is.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 11, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

14 point swing.

2. kidbourbon

I'm with Indy

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

this is the most depressing argument in the history of all time

4. kidbourbon

And one of the worst, generally speaking. Invol thinks the guy who cusses the loudest wins. In a case of true irony -- and not just Alanis Morrisette irony -- it's Indy who actually has a point and others who appear to be banging away at their keyboard.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Which point? Would coulda shoulda means this game was competitive?

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

To quote Wayne's World....

"Yeah, and if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass when it hopped."

While the game had a bunch of coulda's, Oklahoma took Worley's virginity that game, and we got beat by 24 points. There's not much to argue outside the scoreboard.

7. kidbourbon

The "let's ignore the context of a pick six on the two yard line" point.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh. How's it a good point? That's clearly who we are and what we do. How do we pretend those don't happen to us?

Our defense is competitive. Our offense wears the d out and gets us beat. The OU game never felt competitive to me - at all.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

It never felt anything less than a double digit loss. Moral victory if it were 27-17? Didn't dooley lead by 10 at home against Oregon? That didn't exactly make him a savior.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's your own fault.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You're absolutely right. Losing by 75 shouldn't be considered a blowout if the outcome was questionable at any point in the in the fourth.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In that case, let's ignore any turnovers that any team ever has.

13. kidbourbon

Because it's a good point. Tennessee was down 10-27 with about 11 minutes to play and were on the two yard line after driving 58 yards. Oklahoma had gotten a single first down in the previous four possessions. I can't dispute how you 'felt', but the game at that point was winnable.

14. kidbourbon

Okay

15. kidbourbon

You're really bad at posting.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What in the hell does winnable mean? Does that mean we were going to hypothetically score more from that point? Does it mean OU was going to stop playing conservatively? Does it mean we were going to change out our staff and lose Worley?

Winnable is just another subjective point about a single point in the game. As it ended, it wasn't competitive and there's no debating that.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A turnover is a turnover is a turnover is a turnover. Make all the excuses you would like about how UT "could have been in the game if it weren't for those gosh darn turnovers". Keep with the process bullshit, eventually it will work out for you.

18. kidbourbon

If winnable is subjective, then what the hell is "didn't feel competitive"?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I said that because you apparently had issue with how I "felt." It's the same point.

20. kidbourbon

That's certainly not true.